Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding around just fine for a couple of hours and then all of the sudden, I'm leaving a stop sign and everything just dies. The motor is off, the cluster is blank, and I'm rolling down the street powerless. I pull over and inspect the bike but I can't tell what the issue is just by looking.

Has anyone had their cluster just go completely out? I put the key in the ignition, turn to on and the fuel pump doesn't prime and the cluster stays off. The bike is fully charged (checked it) and again, I rode for 2 hours turning it off/on a couple of times to check out the scenery. My bike would turn on the first time every time before this "incident". It's not the battery and I have fuel. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Did you install any aftermarket turn signals.....and fugged up the wireing? If so....that battery is DEAD.

If not maybe the battery connections are loose.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I was going to say a loose battery cable....did it fire back up? Tow it home?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys. I think it might be a fuse. I never thought of that. :eek: I'll report back with what happens.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Now you have to ask yourself the question......WHY.....did the fuse blow in the first place. Fuses don't blow for NO reason. Something associated with whatever that fuse feeds, caused it to blow. If you don't find it, it will happen again.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Now you have to ask yourself the question......WHY.....did the fuse blow in the first place. Fuses don't blow for NO reason. Something associated with whatever that fuse feeds, caused it to blow. If you don't find it, it will happen again.
Exactly what I was thinking too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exactly what I was thinking too.
So what have you added to your bike to cause the fuse to blow? If nothing then you might need to chase down a short to ground.
It was the wire for the o2 sensor which was yanked off and left bare that caused this. The wire must have touched a piece of metal and caused the short. I traced it back and have since taped it up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts