Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, I've been lurking here for a few months now before, during, and after my purchase of my FZ-09.

Saturday I park it around noon at an outside restaurant on the drivers side of an F150 that was facing outwards (on the trucks driver side). Not 10 minutes later I'm sitting at a table and my buddy goes "they just hit your bike". I thought he was ***** with me, and then i heard a loud crunch i will never forget. I look over and my bike is under the bed of the F150 being dragged over the seashell driveway. The woman pulled forward to the right, then reversed into knocking it over, then continued reversing over it and dragged it a couple feet.

I ran over and pulled it up and looked it over. The entire right side is scraped up with white shell marks, bent the stock fender/plate (aftermarket was sitting at my house luckily), scuffed a piece out of the swing arm and other shit.

Ruined my holiday weekend and it felt like a bad dream. Haven't gotten it appraised yet but that'll be done tomorrow.

I've only had it for a couple months now and was half way done customizing it with options I've liked from the build threads. Mirrors, rad guard, bar ends, fender eliminator, sliders, etc. and loving every second of riding it and working on it.

Any tips, advice, or words of encouragement and similar stories? Ive felt pretty shit the past few days.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Fck! You did get her insurance info I hope. All I can say is that really sucks. But at lease you wasn't on it.

Also, what color was your bike originally?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Did the truck owner give you their Insurance Info........?????

Yea, at Lease you weren't on it.....LOL

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hopefully you got her insurance information. I never seen so many hit and runs since I moved to Colorado. It is crazy. At least, you weren't on the bike when she decided to go all F-150 Super Duty on your bike.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Any 4 Wheeler who Hits a 2 Wheeler FOR ANY REASON should lose their license for a minimum of five years.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Was she your ex?
My ex would have waited for me to get back on the bike.

On second thought, she wouldn't have the patience to wait, lol

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
OMG!...I'm soooo sorry buddy. I can't even imagine....yeah, it coulda been worse, you weren't hurt etc...but that is just so pointless...all that work you've done...you'll never be made whole. I really hope her insurance pays for EVERYTHING

I hate to say it....but...certain-kinds-of drivers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea i got all her info and already let the insurance know. Getting it appraised tomorrow.

She had no excuse, all she said was "there should really be a designated bike parking area". I wanted to rage but kept my composure.

I dont understand how she got in on the side the bike was on in the middle of a sunny day and didnt see it, then pulled forward and reversed for no reason right over it. There was no logical reason for it. She said it was her husbands truck, which would explain why she drives like shit in it.

Reactions: Niner

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
There is a reason: she's obviously got shit for brains.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here I am reading what happened to your bike, and now I am pissed off. I am not sure how you kept your composure, but kudos to you for doing so. Hopefully you come out of it like it never happened.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
That sux but at least you have insurance to pay for the damages.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yea i got all her info and already let the insurance know. Getting it appraised tomorrow.

She had no excuse, all she said was "there should really be a designated bike parking area". I wanted to rage but kept my composure.

I dont understand how she got in on the side the bike was on in the middle of a sunny day and didnt see it, then pulled forward and reversed for no reason right over it. There was no logical reason for it. She said it was her husbands truck, which would explain why she drives like shit in it.
Good. Do you think it's totaled?

Was she blonde?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Damn bro, that sucks! Hopefully it will be all resolved, she will have to pay somehow and you will have a shiny (like) new machine soon.
I would have totally lost it at the lady- drivers who want "designated bike parking areas" are the worst. They think we don't deserve a entire parking spot just 'cos we have a bike, no matter that we have to pay the same parking fee (in NYC at least) or the same taxes they pay.
Good " at lease you wasn't on it"!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Agree with the comments here, make sure you point out all the mods as well as making sure they use Yamaha parts, you want to make sure everything with even the smallest scuff is replaced inc tyres. Also go for out of pockets expenses, loss of vehicle , inconvenience etc

1 - 20 of 47 Posts