Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got both my Akrapovic full carbon and PC5, (ordered from Revzilla $1158) yesterday, i got off work around 630pm last night so it was a little late for me but i did manage to do the exhaust, it took me about 2 1/2 hours going step by step as well as some help online.

I should be getting off work today early hopefully and i can get the PC5 in today and get it all set and to get it dyno tuned this weekend...:)
IMG_2014081929427.jpg IMG_2014081952574.jpg IMG_201408190811.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Put my carbon akra on a couple of weeks ago. Popping is crazy on decel. Seriously think I may have hit the brown note driving past some poor girl the other day, she jumped like a foot in the air, haha.

Have you noticed your bike running super lean now? I just placed an order for the PC5, so curious how your bike responds.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Higher temps, lean popping, power loss... This bike, as are most, are pretty lean from the factory. Install a free flowing exhaust, and it is only made worse. Those who have dyno tuned these bikes have seen just how lean they really are...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finished aroynd 1030 last night, i did start it up, i was damn tired , had to get back up at 430 this morning for work...i should be off early today though so that i can install the PC5 and upload the map from there with the baffle

·
Registered
314 Posts
I can put together a deal on the carbon, plus smog plates, plus PCV for $1019... It is REALLLLLYYY tempting.

I'm too damn practical.
Definitely do it! I installed it all and I feel it made everything about the bike better. I have literally NO decel popping at all...

Here is my thread I have a video of some revving, AND riding (which really gives you an idea of the sound): http://www.fz09.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4400

·
Registered
314 Posts
Do you have a PCV? What map are you running if so?
Yea, I'm not sure what map... I had my cousin hook it up to the computer awhile I was starting to put everything back together. All I know is it runs darn smooth. I'll be taking it to a shop in hopes they can fine tune it!

Edit: Power commander website is down for me right now. When its up I'll let you know what I used

·
Registered
314 Posts
Do you have a PCV? What map are you running if so?
OK here is what we went with: http://www.powercommander.com/power...name=Yamaha&mdlid=635&mdlname=FZ-09&yrid=2014

We used the "Akrapovic Full Exhaust System (insert removed) stock air filter".

Its only been 3 days and a few hundred miles. I can say with confidence I feel a performance increase. The throttle (to me) feels a LITTLE smoother with the on/off. I see no discoloration or anything in the headers. I can't get enough of it.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'm now waiting for snow, getting the exhaust locally for $709, getting the ECU flash with fuel/ignition map for $80... Next spring cannot come soon enough.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm picking up my Akra carbon & PCV tomorrow morning :D

I'm thinking of heating up the can at a very low temp say 250°F in the oven and then jamming son ice in the DB killer to quickly contract it so it will come out easily.. Do any of you think that will damage the CF?? I'm not sure just how hot the CF gets under normal operating conditions or if it's isolated from the internal pipe or....

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
I'm picking up my Akra carbon & PCV tomorrow morning :D

I'm thinking of heating up the can at a very low temp say 250°F in the oven and then jamming son ice in the DB killer to quickly contract it so it will come out easily.. Do any of you think that will damage the CF?? I'm not sure just how hot the CF gets under normal operating conditions or if it's isolated from the internal pipe or....
Just use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out. Mine came out fine...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out. Mine came out fine...
Really! Every single other person I've heard on the forum has had a major battle to get that thing out.. Hopefully mine goes that easy too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I got both my Akrapovic full carbon and PC5, (ordered from Revzilla $1158) yesterday, i got off work around 630pm last night so it was a little late for me but i did manage to do the exhaust, it took me about 2 1/2 hours going step by step as well as some help online.

I should be getting off work today early hopefully and i can get the PC5 in today and get it all set and to get it dyno tuned this weekend...:)
View attachment 8833 View attachment 8834 View attachment 8835
The 09 sounds SO sweeeeeeet with the Akra :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts