Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
you can ride any bike in the track and have fun. that is very true. it is really a matter of preference, expectation and goals. i'm just saying that most people on track ride sportbikes, mostly r6 and r1. and i choose to buy a track r6, thats my choice. it is what ever you want, whatever you choose, its your life and your money.

Reactions: Cb750

·
Registered
375 Posts
at 6:40. dont test your limit in the street people. ride at 50% of your capabilities.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Dude hit that wall hard, hope he was OK. I noticed many of those bikes were under 400cc. I also noticed that there were fairly large bumps at the entrance from both directions. I'm guessing Japan.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
at 6:40. dont test your limit in the street people. ride at 50% of your capabilities.

Wish there was a follow-up and slow motion replay.
Looks like he was coming in really hot and was already leaned far over before the turn.
Hope he was okay. Looked like he crumpled pretty bad hitting the wall. Not good.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well my bike is a write off. Not sure what I’m going to run next for street riding and road trips. I’m going to look at some Kawi 636cc used bikes for track bike/ short local rides. But I think I may spend some more time on the CB750 next year, Steal my wifes bike, and rip a little 600 buzz bomb around the track!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well it was fun folks. Will be buying a 600 and riding my CB750 for now, see what I find that will work for sporty on road riding/trips. Shortlist is a Street triple R, or maybe an XSR900. Maybe something wacky like an MV Augusta Brutale...

Reactions: Screan29

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Buy back your bike
thought about it, but at the end of the day, I’m not that interested in rebuilding it especially with the border closed because shipping parts from US to Canada is hella expensive, and that’s where the majority of cheap parts are. Rather spend the time riding than wrenching these days, which is why I bought a brand new bike.

Reactions: Screan29
21 - 34 of 34 Posts