Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Certainly sharp looking. Do they call this one an "800" because of its weight....??? LOL

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Certainly sharp looking. Do they call this one an "800" because of its weight....??? LOL
No specs on the new one but the 2014 had a dry weight of 168KG (370lbs) - add 40lbs? for fluid and you're under the FZ weight with 30 more HP and $14k more out of your pocket to boot :)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
limited dealer network too - the only one i knew of in NJ went out of business a few months ago.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Was just going to make a thread regarding the dragster rr, really digging the spoke wheels ($2k+) and I wonder what the fz would look and handle like with a 200mm rear tire. Turn in may not be as sharp.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I think the Drag R is incredibly beautiful...but the price is far outside my range. :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in the same boat. They price their bikes as of they're carved from gold! They do know how to make a stunning bike though.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Again the only dealer in town is the one I would not touch with a ten foot pole. MV Agusta makes beautiful machines, but the price, OUCH!

My only negative comment is.... Are those spocked wheels I am seeing, no thanks to that especially with a single sided swingarms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts