Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took our first day trip this past Sunday to ride Oregon's side of the Columbia River. I had been wanting to do this trip for a while, but was waiting to get a bike to enjoy it a little more. We had a late start, forgetting that the clocks went forward an hour, so we set out on the road around 1045 with my wife and myself on the fz and my buddy on his 696 monster. About an hour into our trip my buddy flagged me down because some of the hardware holding my temp tag had loosened itself out and my laminated tag was flapping in the wind. A quick stop at a gas station got me some sweet spiked chrome license plate hardware (which will be replaced as soon as my real tag comes in) and a big okay from my wife to go ahead and get a new seat. Back on the road and into Oregon we contiued, stopping again to get gas and lunch around 140 miles into our day. After roughly two hours on the super slab we finally got to the fun stuff and our destination, the Historic Columbia River highway. Being such a nice day, 70 degrees and sunny, (sorry NE guys...) the road and sightseeing pull-offs were packed. It was an enjoyable ride, albeit very slow. Saw a few cool ratrods, nice cars, and a lot of bikes. Even saw another rapid red fz at Vista House. The trip back home was tiring and uneventful. I know I need to invest in a windscreen and find a way to reduced the vibes to my right hand. All-in-all it was a good day, even though we spent more time on the interstate than our destination. Really looking forward to our next trip!

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I give up with posting threads via tapatalk. It has a mind of its own. Can a mod please move this to the ride report. Thank you

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The Columbia River Gorge is an amazing place for sure. Haven't been there in 10 years or so.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Been to the gorge a couple of times.

Multnomah falls is a magical place.

Don't forget your sail next time. Great place to do some bike sailing! Lol

·
Super Moderator
4,340 Posts
Yes, I was going to say that I bet it gets windy there.

I guess there is a reason they call it the mighty Columbia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts