Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met Muc during our little 09 get together last June.
Upon leaving his home in Cleveland Ohio for the rally his Civic blew a head gasket and I figured he would be one more no show.
Turns out he got that sucker fixed and showed up despite the fact we all knew the rally would probably be a rain out.
Turns out he did some riding, ate some food, drank some bourbon and had a good time. I was impressed with his enthusiasm and determination.
As the months passed since then he tried to get some guys together for another meet up but all he got was excuses so I invited him down to my place in Florida for some riding, to eat some food and enjoy a little bourbon.
He took me up on the offer and we've been doing "guy stuff" all week. The weather has been cool but nice so, along with FJ Rod and some others we have knocked out a bunch of miles, ate a bunch of groceries and elevated the economy of Kentucky.
Mucs Visit--Monday Jan 6th 001.JPG
Mucs Visit--Monday Jan 6th 002.JPG
Mucs Visit---Tuesday 001.JPG
Mucs Visit---Tuesday 005.JPG
Mucs Visit---Wednesday 009.JPG

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Nice writeup Les. Sounds like a good time. I'll lift a bourbon shortly to congratulate everybody.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah Jim, Muc was able to meet and ride with Barry (bmacz06) this past Wednesday.
I really appreciate your intro with Barry, in fact he's buying a house down here.

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
456 Posts
I have to thank Shamrock and his better half for be such amazing hosts! I jumped at the opportunity when Shamrock invited me down to ride. This was a great mental break for me that will help me get through the busy season coming up at work. Also, makes me look so much more towards getting up to Albert's in May!

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Yeah Jim, Muc was able to meet and ride with Barry this past Wednesday.
I really appreciate your intro with Barry, in fact he's buying a house down here.
Great! So, is he keeping his place up here as well? People I know who snowbird like to come back for Wisconsin summers.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great! So, is he keeping his place up here as well? People I know who snowbird like to come back for Wisconsin summers.
I think so but pretty sure he's changing his full time residence to Florida simply because his healthcare and taxes will be substantially less.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well all good things must end-----Muc heads back to the frozen North tomorrow.
However we were out killiing it today. 82 degrees for a high and a nice 120mph run down Buck & Does road will get him through the rest of winter.
Mucs Visit---Friday 011.JPG
Mucs Visit---Friday 005.JPG
Mucs Visit---Friday 010.JPG
Mucs Visit---Friday 007.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: MK3Brent and Muc

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
456 Posts
Me too but they would probably be from a police cam!

Yeah no doubt! I had a GoPro but missed most of the best parts. I have limited space and as a result didn't record everything. But I think I'll have some good footage to share later next week when I finally get a chance to edit the video!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Epic! Can't wait to meet you all at Albert's

Reactions: Darf and shamrock

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey what kind of seats are on the fz/mt-09's?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey what kind of seats are on the fz/mt-09's?
The gray bike has a Sargent. The other is an Eddie Copeland but no longer available.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Earlier this winter Muc did a bunch of stuff to his MT. The most interesting to me was the Nitron suspension upgrade. Apparently the Facebook 09 guys did a group buy with Fast Bikes and now they enjoy some very tasty bits at some very good prices.
The first thing we did when he arrived was to set some baseline settings and then get the wheels in alignment. The Nitron components were a total pleasure to work with and his first ride the next morning confirmed it was money well spent. Muc is a stout boy so I can only imagine what this thing felt like with the stock suspension. To bad there is such a big difference in our weights because I would have loved to try it out.
Now it's time for him to head back North and wait for the weather to clear out!
Goin Home!----Jan 2020 001.JPG

·
Registered
2018 MT 09
456 Posts
Made it back home! Ohio greeted me with 34 degree weather....brrrrr. The suspension makes an amazing difference. Thanks Shamrock for helping me get a baseline setting. Now to toy around with the excessive amount of adjustability I purchased. But not until it warms up a bit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts