Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
Just received my dominator too.
Quality looks really good and weldings look amazing.And I watch a lot of weldings because of my job.
If performance is reasonable ,then this exhaust is an incredible value for money!
Have to admit, it looks pretty good for the price. I think I would have to peel off the giant R sticker, though. 馃槚

Registered
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Have to admit, it looks pretty good for the price. I think I would have to peel off the giant R sticker, though. 馃槚
I wasn't sure about the R sticker, wonder if I can make a sticker with the MT logo and if it will look good in Yamaha blue !馃ぉ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
5 more sleeps till we hit the Dyno... It's a cold week so I found an excuse and bought the keiss heated jacket with connection to the bike..arrives Wednesday to keep me toasty on the trip to the dyno.
Aleks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Was a bloody cold and miserable morning when I left on my 2.5hours ride to Dave who is my trusted tuner. Arrived there a bit cold and a bit wet but all is good and was greeted with a smile and a coffee.
Bike went in for the first run 107 whp with stock tune but full system and MWR filter. Filter swap happened and she made 108whp with no tuning.
I thought the reading was a bit low but didn't care that much as I know what matters is the end result and not bragging rights.
He spend a good 3 hours on the bike with part throttle tuning and the rest of it ... Final resultals with tune and full system and Mwr filter are to be seen below in both graphs .
Font Schematic Rectangle Parallel Pattern

Font Parallel Rectangle Schematic Paper

How the bike rides is amazing and quite frankly I'm not understanding why Yamaha left the top end weak on this bike , maybe on purpose... Smooth is the word for the remap and everything from 7k up is fantastic ... My biggest satisfaction is the rev limit increase and how it now makes power up to 10300rpm where it peakes, before it was end of story at 9000.
Well pleased with the result 馃槍... Couldn't have asked for more... Aleks

Attachments

Registered
My biggest satisfaction is the rev limit increase and how it now makes power up to 10300rpm where it peakes, before it was end of story at 9000.
Yeah the way it dropped off at 9K is strange, Vcyclenut's dyno charts don't show that. You sure the guy didn't just chop the throttle at 9000? lol

Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
Yeah the way it dropped off at 9K is strange, Vcyclenut's dyno charts don't show that. You sure the guy didn't just chop the throttle at 9000? lol
Top speed limiter.
When there is limiter they should run the dyno with lower gear,because that way it won't get the proper hp measurement.

Registered
Was a bloody cold and miserable morning when I left on my 2.5hours ride to Dave who is my trusted tuner. Arrived there a bit cold and a bit wet but all is good and was greeted with a smile and a coffee.
Bike went in for the first run 107 whp with stock tune but full system and MWR filter. Filter swap happened and she made 108whp with no tuning.
I thought the reading was a bit low but didn't care that much as I know what matters is the end result and not bragging rights.
He spend a good 3 hours on the bike with part throttle tuning and the rest of it ... Final resultals with tune and full system and Mwr filter are to be seen below in both graphs . View attachment 168426
View attachment 168425
How the bike rides is amazing and quite frankly I'm not understanding why Yamaha left the top end weak on this bike , maybe on purpose... Smooth is the word for the remap and everything from 7k up is fantastic ... My biggest satisfaction is the rev limit increase and how it now makes power up to 10300rpm where it peakes, before it was end of story at 9000.
Well pleased with the result 馃槍... Couldn't have asked for more... Aleks
From what you are saying I understand that the first dyno at 107hp was with stock tuning ,but with filter and exhaust already fitted. With OEM filter saw 1hp gain or loss? All these are with 6th speed? What could be the final increase from completely stock?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Top speed limiter.
When there is limiter they should run the dyno with lower gear,because that way it won't get the proper hp measurement.
Yes might be the case but he didn't do that and I didn't bother ... The end result is great and the bike runs brilliant... 117 whp is good for my needs. 馃槑馃摳

Registered
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
From what you are saying I understand that the first dyno at 107hp was with stock tuning ,but with filter and exhaust already fitted. With OEM filter saw 1hp gain or loss? All these are with 6th speed? What could be the final increase from completely stock?
The stock run in this case is not relevant as the bike was limited in 6th gear so it could have made more power. It done 107 stock ecu with full system, 108 with stock ecu full system and Mwr filter.
After the tune the limiter was removed and the bike made 117.2 wheel horsepower with the tune filter and full system and gained over the entire map.
That's in line with what others have produced and its a good result.
Aleks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Fuel tank

Update on my end... 13 degree yesterday and I went out for a quick ride on some familiar roads to test the new remap with the exhaust and the filter ... When I came back from the Dyno there wasn't really time or roads to properly asses the new gains and how they translate on the road.
I just want to say the engine and the shifts are so much smoother in the low to midrange is unreal and you can ride this thing all day sub 7k rpm...
Power delivery and what I think is crucial for this remap... Anything above 7k rpm is just awesome but when the stock bike used to drop power around 9k now mine is reving to 10500 rpm and peak power is achieved at 10300 rpm.. freaking awesome just doesn't stop pulling. Absolutely love it, with the remap and the full system the bike is eager to wheelie in 2nd if you are not careful with the throttle and will lift nicely... Happened to me couple of times yesterday accidently coming out of 2nd gear corners.
Best bike I've owned... 馃ぉ馃弽馃挩馃摳馃槑
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Plant
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Plant
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Attachments

Registered
The more I see the 2022 SP model with the silver tank the more I am glad I got a 2021. Seeing your beautiful pics reminds how damn sexy this bike is. Keep 鈥榚m coming.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
The more I see the 2022 SP model with the silver tank the more I am glad I got a 2021. Seeing your beautiful pics reminds how damn sexy this bike is. Keep 鈥榚m coming.
Thanks for the kind words... For me it's the perfect bike... Need to sort out some Brembo brakes soon and then we are there 馃ぉ

Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
Did they tune the quickshifter too?If yes,did it make a difference?
I feel that sometimes it takes longer to upshift.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Did they tune the quickshifter too?If yes,did it make a difference?
I feel that sometimes it takes longer to upshift.
Not as far as I'm aware but the remap did help with the shifter for some reason... Might be because the engine is smoother 馃馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Plant Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Water Plant Sky

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motorcycle

Plant Wheel Fuel tank Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Automotive mirror

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Spent some time with Doris the other day, 100 miles round trip on some nice country lanes. Love the bike even more now 馃檪馃弽馃挩馃槣馃摳馃挴

81 - 100 of 104 Posts