Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
Just received my dominator too.
Quality looks really good and weldings look amazing.And I watch a lot of weldings because of my job.
If performance is reasonable ,then this exhaust is an incredible value for money!
Have to admit, it looks pretty good for the price. I think I would have to peel off the giant R sticker, though. 馃槚

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
5 more sleeps till we hit the Dyno... It's a cold week so I found an excuse and bought the keiss heated jacket with connection to the bike..arrives Wednesday to keep me toasty on the trip to the dyno.
Aleks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Was a bloody cold and miserable morning when I left on my 2.5hours ride to Dave who is my trusted tuner. Arrived there a bit cold and a bit wet but all is good and was greeted with a smile and a coffee.
Bike went in for the first run 107 whp with stock tune but full system and MWR filter. Filter swap happened and she made 108whp with no tuning.
I thought the reading was a bit low but didn't care that much as I know what matters is the end result and not bragging rights.
He spend a good 3 hours on the bike with part throttle tuning and the rest of it ... Final resultals with tune and full system and Mwr filter are to be seen below in both graphs .
Font Schematic Rectangle Parallel Pattern

Font Parallel Rectangle Schematic Paper

How the bike rides is amazing and quite frankly I'm not understanding why Yamaha left the top end weak on this bike , maybe on purpose... Smooth is the word for the remap and everything from 7k up is fantastic ... My biggest satisfaction is the rev limit increase and how it now makes power up to 10300rpm where it peakes, before it was end of story at 9000.
Well pleased with the result 馃槍... Couldn't have asked for more... Aleks

Attachments

Registered
Was a bloody cold and miserable morning when I left on my 2.5hours ride to Dave who is my trusted tuner. Arrived there a bit cold and a bit wet but all is good and was greeted with a smile and a coffee.
Bike went in for the first run 107 whp with stock tune but full system and MWR filter. Filter swap happened and she made 108whp with no tuning.
I thought the reading was a bit low but didn't care that much as I know what matters is the end result and not bragging rights.
He spend a good 3 hours on the bike with part throttle tuning and the rest of it ... Final resultals with tune and full system and Mwr filter are to be seen below in both graphs . View attachment 168426
View attachment 168425
How the bike rides is amazing and quite frankly I'm not understanding why Yamaha left the top end weak on this bike , maybe on purpose... Smooth is the word for the remap and everything from 7k up is fantastic ... My biggest satisfaction is the rev limit increase and how it now makes power up to 10300rpm where it peakes, before it was end of story at 9000.
Well pleased with the result 馃槍... Couldn't have asked for more... Aleks
From what you are saying I understand that the first dyno at 107hp was with stock tuning ,but with filter and exhaust already fitted. With OEM filter saw 1hp gain or loss? All these are with 6th speed? What could be the final increase from completely stock?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Top speed limiter.
When there is limiter they should run the dyno with lower gear,because that way it won't get the proper hp measurement.
Yes might be the case but he didn't do that and I didn't bother ... The end result is great and the bike runs brilliant... 117 whp is good for my needs. 馃槑馃摳

Registered
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
From what you are saying I understand that the first dyno at 107hp was with stock tuning ,but with filter and exhaust already fitted. With OEM filter saw 1hp gain or loss? All these are with 6th speed? What could be the final increase from completely stock?
The stock run in this case is not relevant as the bike was limited in 6th gear so it could have made more power. It done 107 stock ecu with full system, 108 with stock ecu full system and Mwr filter.
After the tune the limiter was removed and the bike made 117.2 wheel horsepower with the tune filter and full system and gained over the entire map.
That's in line with what others have produced and its a good result.
Aleks

81 - 92 of 92 Posts