Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

Β·
Registered
59 Posts
I have canceled the Mivv exhaust and now I don't know if I should get the dominator as they are in stock and the options are great ... First proper ride today after our family addition ... 113 miles of smiles and 2nd gear wheelies ..
I have changed the electronics and the lift and the bike is so much quicker and wheelies out of corners .. love this thing ...☺😎
View attachment 167537 View attachment 167538 View attachment 167539 View attachment 167540 View attachment 167541 View attachment 167542
You do take a lovely pic (y)
Good luck with the new arrival.

Toecutter.

Β·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
116 Posts
I have canceled the Mivv exhaust and now I don't know if I should get the dominator as they are in stock and the options are great ... First proper ride today after our family addition ... 113 miles of smiles and 2nd gear wheelies ..
I have changed the electronics and the lift and the bike is so much quicker and wheelies out of corners .. love this thing ...☺😎
View attachment 167537 View attachment 167538 View attachment 167539 View attachment 167540 View attachment 167541 View attachment 167542
You take some of the best pictures dude, no question

Β·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Ordered some heated grips today from Yamaha dealer... Should arrive tomorrow and be fitted Saturday ... I just need to get out on the bike more often so I decided to get a heated vest as well just to toast me up at sub 10 degree weather.
Next week I'll ride to work if it's dry ... πŸ€©πŸπŸ’¨πŸ“ΈπŸ’―
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Plant

Β·
Registered
660 Posts
Ex-Brit here - ah, Essex: England's green and pleasant land. I will echo, with spades, the compliments here about 'shiny' and 'great pix". So do tell please - what wax polish do you use, and what camera? I've never in my life got pix as good as yours with my Canon IXUS! Very nicely done.

Β·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Ex-Brit here - ah, Essex: England's green and pleasant land. I will echo, with spades, the compliments here about 'shiny' and 'great pix". So do tell please - what wax polish do you use, and what camera? I've never in my life got pix as good as yours with my Canon IXUS! Very nicely done.
You would be amazed by the answer
.. I don't polish the bike I use Acf50 twice a year and wash it normally.. the trick is the camera canon M100 mirrorrles and I edit all photos in Lightroom which make them look a bit better. I shoot in Raw with 20mm fixed lens πŸ“Έ.
I'll post some shots from my previous bike as well to show a bit of a background.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Fuel tank
Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Plant
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle

Β·
Registered
660 Posts
Thank you! The "which wax" question was a tongue-in-the-cheek response, but you have answered it very well! I must look into that Canon M100 - after all, Santa is on his way (albeit very slowly).

But - if I may - as with so many bits of technology, it's the nut behind the wheel that makes all the difference, and you certainly do have a very creative way with your shot framing, angles, etc.

Well done - more please. (y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Aleksandar13

Β·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Thank you! The "which wax" question was a tongue-in-the-cheek response, but you have answered it very well! I must look into that Canon M100 - after all, Santa is on his way (albeit very slowly).

But - if I may - as with so many bits of technology, it's the nut behind the wheel that makes all the difference, and you certainly do have a very creative way with your shot framing, angles, etc.

Well done - more please. (y)(y)(y)
Thanks for the kind words.. I hopefully find time this autumn to get out and create some more content ... And enjoy the ride as well... πŸ€©πŸπŸ’¨

Β·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Heated grips installation went well and I'm well pleased with how they integrate with the dash... Testing will probably follow in the next few days... 😎😁
Exhaust on order and should be here next week πŸπŸ’¨πŸ’―
Gauge Gadget Automotive design Measuring instrument Speedometer
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Β·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Some more action tonight in the garage ... Removed the reflective brackets from the wheels ... I find them dangerously hideous πŸ˜ƒ ,gave Doris a clean and now we are waiting for the exhaust to show up... πŸ™‚
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle
Does anyone know how to remove the inside plastic screws that cover the radiator?! I've tried with no success.
Aleks

Β·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
116 Posts
Some more action tonight in the garage ... Removed the reflective brackets from the wheels ... I find them dangerously hideous πŸ˜ƒ ,gave Doris a clean and now we are waiting for the exhaust to show up... πŸ™‚ View attachment 168076 Does anyone know how to remove the inside plastic screws that cover the radiator?! I've tried with no success.
Aleks
The plastic screws on the radiator are kind of a pain to remove. You just turn them left to back out the center portion, and then you can gently pull out the whole fastener.

Β·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Finally I've been out to test the heated grips and enjoy some good old country lanes in Suffolk ... What a bike this is .. even in the wet you can push and enjoy , grip with these tyres is so so good and the feedback is outstanding... Love the s22 tyres.
Heated grips are top notch and Yamaha did an outstanding job.. 10 settings , I've used them on 4 and 5 today with the temperature being around 8 to 9 degrees.
Here are some shots from today ... And there is 4 more sleeps til the full system is here πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ€£..
Tire Wheel Sky Plant Ecoregion

Plant Tire Motorcycle Wheel Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Sky

Tire Plant Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Plant Helmet Vehicle Automotive tire Nature

Mirror Vehicle Fuel tank Plant Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Motorcycle

Β·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I've managed to fit the exhaust and I'm not going to bother you with details on how to ... Took some shots with my phone so excuse the quality .. πŸ˜…
Love the thing and it sounds absolutely addictive... Weight loss 3.5kg which is great , looks and quality is outstanding in my opinion... Covered 60 miles with the new exhaust and the midrange and top end are so much better but especially the top end... Just feels very different... Managed to get her up to 136mph on a an abandoned airfield strip.
Ordered an MWR filter and will get it booked in for a remap soonish to get the fueling done right and gain more torque and power... Just love this bike 😁
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Wheel Fuel tank Tire Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Β·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Quick update on the build... Attached is the Mwr filter that I'm going to be putting on and the bike will get mapped on the 3rd of December with Dave Wood racing.
Both son and father have been in the game for years and are very knowledgeable... Can't wait to see the results... Would be nice to get a pull with full exhaust no flash no filter.
Excited... πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Product Motor vehicle Font Automotive design

Β·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
166 Posts
Just received my dominator too.
Quality looks really good and weldings look amazing.And I watch a lot of weldings because of my job.
If performance is reasonable ,then this exhaust is an incredible value for money!

Attachments

Β·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Just received my dominator too.
Quality looks really good and weldings look amazing.And I watch a lot of weldings because of my job.
If performance is reasonable ,then this exhaust is an incredible value for money!
Totally agree... Can't wait for before and after run on Friday ... πŸ˜‰ Next week .. πŸπŸ’¨πŸ“Έ

61 - 80 of 92 Posts