Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, joined the forum once I've placed my order and yesterday was the day I picked my SP from the dealer.

First mod has been done after my 120 miles ride from the dealer ...took the long way home and enjoyed every minute ...tail tidy ... Yamaha MT-09 & FZ-09 Tail Tidy 2021 onwards. | eBay
Next mod bar end mirrors...first impression of the bike is that it is better than I expected and the engine gearbox are smooth and slik ... quickshifter works amazingly well and the suspension of the box is amazing.
I am thinking to get the full Akrapovic in stainless steel but I am not sure if I should wait and see what others are bringing to the table.

Aleks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bike looks great!! As far as the mirrors...myself I would position them to give you the best view of whats behind and beside you.
Thanks ,I will try them out on the road in both positions and see how I feel about them. With original ones you always have to shift your body a bit to see anything .. I'm not having that with these ones as it becomes annoying.
Aleks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

So this happened today ... Went out to put another 100 miles on the bike ...now ticking over @220 miles.
Must say the bike is amazing and handles a dream.
Mirrors work nicely in this position and I wouldn't change them.
Decisions need to be made about exhaust ... frustrating a bit about the cost but we live one life ... 馃馃槃馃馃弽馃挩馃挴

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So, unfortunately they sent me the wrong hardware... They sent me the screen for the 2021 (I think) and the hardware for the 2017-2020 MT-09 馃槶 :mad:
Such a shame 馃ズ... Richard will sort it out quick 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So, unfortunately they sent me the wrong hardware... They sent me the screen for the 2021 (I think) and the hardware for the 2017-2020 MT-09 馃槶 :mad:

Update : They are sending me the correct hardware 馃憤
Mine will be here mid day today ... I'm decorating in the new house but will find some time later to put it on and take some shoots ... 馃摳;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Happend to find time to install the screen today ... I'm not sure I have had time to digest the new look but first impressions are good ...

I think the stock Alan bolts need to be changed to some black ones to offer that stealth look ...
Opinions ...?
Aleks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Got out for a short 50 mile ride ... Adjusted the shifter and now I'm very happy with the autobliper as well ... overall impression of the screen is very good ,no buffeting and completed the aggressive look of the front end. Happy with the decision ...
Some shots from today 馃檪.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yeah, I have to say that's the best looking windscreen available right now for the 21 MT09. That is absolutely sick and I bet it barely works (but, barely is all I need lol)
There is one thing bugging me ,the stock screws need changing to black ones.. other than that is perfect and my fear was that it would create buffeting but it works great and that's the main thing... 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
How did you adjust the shifter?
It was sitting a bit high ... So I ended up lifting the foot of the peg to downshift... Which sometimes created a situation where the downblipper didn't act as I wanted. Now I adjusted it lower and I don't need to lift the foot off the peg it works every time as I push the shifter down and the autobliper works amazingly well... Happy days.
Aleks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Getting closer to the 600 mile mark now ... Service booked for next Saturday... Can't wait 馃槢馃弽馃挩馃挴馃槑... I obviously haven't revved her to 11k but she occasionally has seen 9k... And it was amazing lol... I'm getting more used to the bike and cornering and braking are far superior to my previous bikes... Loving it ...some shots from this morning..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
600 miles service done yesterday and I've already done 185 miles since then ... Runs great and now I've managed to get past 9k mark ... This is a very rapid bike and I love the way she handles... Have taken a bit of rebound out and put the preload higher in the back ... Better turn in and smoother over bumps.. will need to get a shop to set it up for me properly...
Here are some shots from today ..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Managed to get the bike with FTR suspension today, they set it up for my weight and I must say the difference is night and day ... The best way to describe it in one word is : sublime .
Works beautifully and handles amazing...
Aleks

Registered
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I have take the leap and ordered a full system exhaust from Mivv. Couldn't resist the temptation for long...

Sounds fantastic and has the option to retrofit a euro 5 cat .
Never going to happen in my ownership..mostly interested in the weight saving and a bit of sound and performance... Thoughts ?
Aleks

1 - 20 of 53 Posts