Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

· Registered
786 Posts
I wish I could find the 2018 PDF Service Manual. Yes, I agree, having the hard copy in had is good, I have one... but it can easily get worn out or damaged. With a PDF, you can print the pages you need, take it to your garage... work... if the pages get dirty or damaged... RE-PRINT!

I was lucky to be given a 2017 PDF, which is, as far as I've experienced, the same as 2018. But given that I've found mistakes on the hard copy...

· Registered
2021 MT-09 Storm Fluo
93 Posts
I wish I could find the 2018 PDF Service Manual. Yes, I agree, having the hard copy in had is good, I have one... but it can easily get worn out or damaged. With a PDF, you can print the pages you need, take it to your garage... work... if the pages get dirty or damaged... RE-PRINT!

I was lucky to be given a 2017 PDF, which is, as far as I've experienced, the same as 2018. But given that I've found mistakes on the hard copy...
Definitely Pros/Cons for both. I wish I received a PDF version with my hard copy as the manual seems to be a reprint of a digital copy anyway.

· Registered
3,335 Posts

Easy take a pic of the hard copy page and print it !!

· Registered
162 Posts
The ebay.co.uk seller in Greece pulled their listing.

Looking on Service Shop Repair Manual, they're charging $45.00 plus $8.50 flat-rate USPS shipping, which is $53.50 total:

I'm waiting to see if anyone from here will privately share the manual on-line.

· Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,366 Posts
It does seem like a lot of money. However, if you were to complete just one simple job at home, like adjusting your valves, instead of paying a shop to do it, you'll save at least that much. After that, it's basically free. Plus, if you sell your bike down the road, you should be able to sell the manual for at least half of what you paid... 💁‍♂️

· Registered
4 Posts
Looking on Service Shop Repair Manual, they're charging $45.00 plus $8.50 flat-rate USPS shipping, which is $53.50 total:

That listing has also been taken down now.

I'm sure a decent pdf will be in circulation eventually, stuff like that always leaks between friends and on forums. I know other owners groups where manuals & service bulletins, fueling maps, ECU apps etc were only available to registered members for a donation to hosting costs. I would happily pay $20 now rather than wait for the workshop manual to reach PirateBay.

· Registered
4,623 Posts
It is available at the Yamaha site. Google it. It took me one minute to find. I bought a printed copy of the service manual online and I don't even have my bike yet.

· Registered
554 Posts
Ya I prefer a PDF myself because it's searchable and you just print the pages you need.
In the US at least, Yamah offers an online subscription based ebook service manual, but you can't d/l or print it.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There's a seller on ebay selling it for a very reasonable price. I just paid $12 for it. It works perfectly, he emails you the link and you can download it to your device from Dropbox.

I'm not going to forward it on so please don't ask, he's selling it at a very good price so just buy it yourself. If he was ripping people off then yes I would fwd it on but he's not.

Here's the link.

Thanks to everyone who told me to stop being tight and just pay $90 for a hard copy :D

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.