Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy, i love the look of the MT09. I love the look off classic bike too. So yesterday i try to used photoshop to create something that i need. So tell me what do you think?
FB_IMG_1467784814400.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
you're looking at the battery tray delete along with fender eliminators and other small upgrade parts along with tires and...wheels. You can get this aggressive of a tread in tubeless to fit the stock rims. I would suggest getting a skid-plat of some sort to help with some protection. while we do have some clearance, it's not THAT much.

did you white out part of the muffler box? that area under the swingarm is blocked out (from the side view) by the ballsack of a pipe they put there.You won't be able to get that open area without buying aftermarket pipe sets.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hate the xsr fuel tank and the headlight. It look so small to the headlight with the big body..

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are bikes out there designed for what you are looking for. Let your imagination run wild, but I think it's a waste of great performance going to the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I currently own a MT09 Sport Tracker ( also have two other sports bikes :) ) great bike with the high exhaust etc. I am thinking of fitting a set of TKC80 tubeless tyres to the bike....just wondering
if anyone else has fitted road legal knobblies ( just so I will know if they fit ).
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I currently own a MT09 Sport Tracker ( also have two other sports bikes :) ) great bike with the high exhaust etc. I am thinking of fitting a set of TKC80 tubeless tyres to the bike....just wondering
if anyone else has fitted road legal knobblies ( just so I will know if they fit ).
Cheers
Yeah, it's been done years ago. Search the threads. But I think it's trying to turn a scalpel into an axe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, it's been done years ago. Search the threads. But I think it's trying to turn a scalpel into an axe.
Not the most helpful of answers TBH !
Has anyone first hand experience of fitting tyres like TKC80's to this bike ( just worried the nobblies may be to high for the carbon mudguard etc )
North wales police are strangling motorcyclists with average speed cameras etc so thinking of making this a bike rally workhorse etc !

·
Registered
335 Posts
That just looks bad ass!! If our winters were like they were years ago I would definately spool up some studed knobbies for the ice. Not going to be any ice this year....

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
That front fender might get a little crowded in the mud.

When I first bought my FZ-09, I downloaded a video of some knobby off road dirt and mud riding mostly via an overhead drone. One of the most impressive riding videos I’ve ever seen. Naturally I inadvertently deleted it and could never find it again. It was a Yamaha FZ-09 promo vid. If you could put the triple on long suspension, it would be a truly amazing off roader. I still wonder what Yamaha is waiting for. Miles ahead of the Tenere 700. They’re throwing that out the window using a 700 twin vs the 900 triple, especially considering how close the weights are. It would bury all competition including, BMW, KTM, etc. The Triumph Tiger is close, but the crossplane 3 is still way above and beyond. A wasted opportunity in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I disrespectfully disagree you ignorant baboon. That 700 is the most character rich engine of the whole mt line up and in dirt trim will be way more fun and capable than your pathetic triple trash. I curse your name and a pox on your house.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Not the most helpful of answers TBH !
Has anyone first hand experience of fitting tyres like TKC80's to this bike ( just worried the nobblies may be to high for the carbon mudguard etc )
North wales police are strangling motorcyclists with average speed cameras etc so thinking of making this a bike rally workhorse etc !
OK then. Don't search. Let's just rehash the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
2,268 Posts
You guys are looking at this backwards.
Lets review-----------Streetbike modified for offroad-----Results--------Marginal
Dirtbike with giant motor-------------Results--------BADDASS!!!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
That's great until you have to change out the rear tire after every ride. That thing would be a knobby destroyer.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
People in Finland have way too much idle time. Two months of riding... and then 10 months of sitting in the shop wondering, "Hmmm... I wonder if this would work...?"

Ever watch the Hydraulic Press guy on YouTube? 😂

1 - 20 of 22 Posts