Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have a few small cracks in my display glass. Right now it’s ok but I’m worried it might take in water. Does anyone know a way to fix it? I’ve searched for spare glass but can’t find any. And a whole new meter is like 600 Euro...

also I have a chance to buy a used speedometer pretty cheap, but it’s for a year 17 while my bike is a 14. It has a few extra pins, but will it work on my bike?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The extra wiring and connections are for the abs system on the 2017 so I am going to say no it will not work . You need a non ABS meter...
I have ABS on mine. The only difference is the quickshift lamp and the flashers left and right.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Some folks have disassembled the meter to invert the display colors. Some place in this forum there is a discussion on the procedure, maybe the glass only from the newer model will fit. Also on eBay I bought a film to cover the face of the meter. Looking.

Maybe just the outer cover can be swapped.

Ride Sane

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some folks have disassembled the meter to invert the display colors. Some place in this forum there is a discussion on the procedure, maybe the glass only from the newer model will fit. Also on eBay I bought a film to cover the face of the meter. Looking.

Maybe just the outer cover can be swapped.

Ride Sane
thanks, I will look in to it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Opening up the display is easy. Fixing the screen with something, I'm not sure what to use. I wonder If that liquid glass glue screen protector stuff would work, the stuff that cures under UV light?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts