Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya, have a quick question if someone could help out!
Riding home in a rain and out of nowhere engine light comes on. Stopped and looked at the bike, no issues - sounds all good, no leaks that I can see, had no issues recently.
Recently fitted tail tidy and new indicators, while back after market exhaust. Besides that pretty standard MT09 2017.
Have to wait 2 weeks to get it look at in the garage as with all this they I guess are catching up on things but I use it to get to work (about 20 miles one way). Any idea what could it be and if I can get away riding to work till it's sorted or should I better not?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Didn't protect well enough the connectors of the lights?

Inviato dal mio Mi Note 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All lights and ect still work with no issue 😩 but not a bad should to get checked out

·
Registered
376 Posts
Didn't protect well enough the connectors of the lights?

Turn signal lights wont trip a CEL - (check engine light) If the wiring was faulty or shorted it would potentially just blow the fuse on that circuit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Light just came on out of nowhere after like 15 mile ride in a rain doing about 80mph and once i got into town and in 30mph speed 🤔

·
Registered
31 Posts
Light just came on out of nowhere after like 15 mile ride in a rain doing about 80mph and once i got into town and in 30mph speed
So it happens under the rain...this let me think about non perfect insulation wires. If water (rain) felt in why shouldn't the light turn on? Maybe a brief short circuit not affecting the fuse function happened? Shouldn't be like this? (sorry for the poor English).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it happens under the rain...this let me think about non perfect insulation wires. If water (rain) felt in why shouldn't the light turn on? Maybe a brief short circuit not affecting the fuse function happened? Shouldn't be like this? (sorry for the poor English).

Maybe. I'm guessing I will need to take it in to see what code is it..

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
718 Posts
Yup - you'll need to see what the code is - then trace and re-seal the wires going to whatever sensor(s) caused the code to trip. There was another post a month or so ago about a guy getting O2 sensor errors in the rain...you won't know if you have a similar issue till you pull the codes.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Why the guessing game? The bike is telling you what to do. If there is a check engine light, get the code. The code will tell you where the problem is. I've made my own ODBII adapter and I use my BlueDriver ODBII device to check codes on my bike. Works perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts