Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
It wont start because you flashed a bin file with no immobilizer in it, try flashing the EU in over the top of the US bin file.
Yes, I will do that. (Hoping no definitive damage has been done with this mistake :( )

But I would like FTECU to fix the EU files so I can properly flash them.

I Will wait a couple of days for their response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi to everyone i recently owned a mt 09 2017 and put it an alarm system on it ... all things seems ok but when I start my bike the damn check engine light came on.... the results: remove all things and take my babe to the dealer for clear all errors... here in my country (Colombia) steals a lot and its necessary this things for safety... what I need if I decide install any accesory (exhaust, alarm, gps) again and the CEL light show up in the future?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone read the error codes on a 2017 MT-09 Tracer please? I've looked under the seat and the connector is not obvious.

I need to know what type of adaptor to get to fit the connector to an OBDII reader and I can't see which connector is the one for the fault codes.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found the correct pins on the xsr700 forums, i was able to rig up a cable and read the codes (p1601).
Yamaha -> OBD2
1 -> 14
2 -> 6
3 -> 4
4 -> 16

I did it without the proper connectors ;)

IMG_20170801_121753970_HDR.jpg

Also i found a pdf service manual for xsr900 (well european at least) Yamaha XSR 900 Service Manual - Yamaha XSR Forums

Morseman, the connector on mine (xsr900) was a white square with four wires in it. Had a black rubber cap on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks. I will take another look and, if I still can't spot it, I will post a picture of what it looks like under the seat as I'm not sure it looks the same as yours.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello,

I want to flash a 2016 model, with TCS. But I noticed the "diagnostics" option in FTECU is not available..

Captura de ecrã 2017-10-29, às 20.35.26.png

The only way to reset the errors is trough the diagnostics port?
Won´t they keep reappearing since the original files have been modified?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
I had nothing but drama's with the 2016 MT09 -40 ECU & FT software, they said they fixed the OBD2 port being blocked after a reflash, but it would not work on my -40 ECU I could never clear the engine light off & could not flash off the O2 sensor closed loop, I spent months working with them & gave up in the end & went to Woolich & have never looked back.

The problem with the Euro 4 2016 -40 ECU is the ECU stores hard faults when bench flashed, 9 faults in all & they need to be cleared via OBD2 which was never resolved on my -40 ECU or FT diagnosis which is not available for the -40 ECU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have the picture of the pinout, looks like the original picture is missing.

Don't want to guess which pins are
1 -> 14
2 -> 6
3 -> 4
4 -> 16

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys I having a problem also with FTECU with EU 2016 MT09 with ECU 2DR-8591A-40. I have activetuned with o2 sensor, I flashed the bike with activetuned but I get error code P0030. I use ODB2 scanner but can´t erase the code... I send a ticket to them, they add option "disable AIS valve" so I can get proper reading with new o2 sensor, but I dont have the option disable closed loop or diagnostic option.... I still waitting... they said the need an ECU 2DR-8591A-40 to test...

Have anyone had this problem? I bought the o2 sensor (activetuned) so I can make my on maps with best A/R fuel target´s... and I can´t use...

Best Regards,

Iva

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
hi guys I having a problem also with FTECU with EU 2016 MT09 with ECU 2DR-8591A-40. I have activetuned with o2 sensor, I flashed the bike with activetuned but I get error code P0030. I use ODB2 scanner but can´t erase the code... I send a ticket to them, they add option "disable AIS valve" so I can get proper reading with new o2 sensor, but I dont have the option disable closed loop or diagnostic option.... I still waitting... they said the need an ECU 2DR-8591A-40 to test...

Have anyone had this problem? I bought the o2 sensor (activetuned) so I can make my on maps with best A/R fuel target´s... and I can´t use...

Best Regards,

Iva
Yip FT never fixed the OBD2 port problem on the 2DR-8591A-40 ECU, I gave up in the end & bought Woolich software & have never looked back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I managed with ftecu today to add disable ais valve and add diagnostic tool. Now I can erased codes. I am current using active tuned with the new o2 sensor!!! No error codes, making my fuel maps xD

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I managed with ftecu today to add disable ais valve and add diagnostic tool. Now I can erased codes. I am current using active tuned with the new o2 sensor!!! No error codes, making my fuel maps xD
Good news I gave up in 2016 after months of emails back & forwards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,
I have a Tracer 900 2019 and I've bought a Diagnostic ODB II Scan Tool and I can get connected and read some values but I can't find the PIDs to check the TPS and APS, can you help me?
I was supposed to read 0% at full closed grip position and ~100% at full open grip position but can't see that values in the Tool.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi guys,
I have a Tracer 900 2019 and I've bought a Diagnostic ODB II Scan Tool and I can get connected and read some values but I can't find the PIDs to check the TPS and APS, can you help me?
I was supposed to read 0% at full closed grip position and ~100% at full open grip position but can't see that values in the Tool.
I don't think you can read such values, since it's a rbw....so the ECU decide and manage the throttle position Always...

Inviato dal mio VOG-AL00 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here to report that making a cable with the wiring diagram in this thread and the BlueDriver ODBII scanner works! Codes are clear on my MonsTah-09!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I have MT-09 2017 I bought a 4pin obd2 cube. I have a vag hex interface on a pc from an audi car, will it work with MT-09?

61 - 80 of 80 Posts