Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thank you @all for your posts, especially you, Kev!
I am owner of a MTM850 (XSR900) in Austria (no kangaroos here!) and found your solution thread. I will imitate and buy one of your recommended readers/writers.
Then I'l post the result here.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Some news from FTECU today:

12/6/16 (2.4.1.4)
– Resolved conflicts with YDT dealer diagnostic tool and generic OBD-II scanners
All diagnostic functions operate transparently except dealer ECU programming
Obtain post-recall tune files from FTECU in the event of an ECU recall
Hooray! Thanks for the update Kev.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What a pity! The cheap solution (MS309 Autel above) will not be shipped to europe. Can somebody help and hand me over it?
Of course, after I have transferred enough money!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
What about the new 2017 MT-09? Anybody knows if it uses the same ECU of the 2016 model? (Meaning its flashable)
The 2017 has a different flash files to 2016 ECU, I will be working on the new MT09 2017 ECU very soon.

2017 ECU part number: BS2-8591A-00
2016 ECU part number: 2DR-8591A-40

·
Registered
72 Posts
The 2017 has a different flash files to 2016 ECU, I will be working on the new MT09 2017 ECU very soon.

2017 ECU part number: BS2-8591A-00
2016 ECU part number: 2DR-8591A-40

Please give feedback as soon as you have it, I have the FTEcu interface and wanted to flash a 2017 EU model

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)

Please give feedback as soon as you have it, I have the FTEcu interface and wanted to flash a 2017 EU model
The 2017 EU ECU has been successfully reflash here in Oz a few weeks ago, I will have custom Dyno maps in the coming weeks using Woolich race tools.

Looking at all the bin files there are no difference between the 2017 ECU part number: BS2-8591A-00 & the 2016 ECU part number: 2DR-8591A-40 ECU's besides more ignition in a few of the ignition maps in the mid RPM's, with the 17 model having a factory QS, all the throttle maps that I have checked there no differences in the mapping right down to the map balance between the IAP & TPS injector blends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone tried to read and clear faults on a 2017 MT09 using these readers and cables?

I just fitted an Akra carbon and ran the bike on a paddock stand. It was in neutral but the rear wheel was rotating slowly and I think this may have triggered the CEL, no code is given on the dash.

I also now need an ECU flash to suit the exhaust and saw that Twowheelobsession reports that some of the options are no longer available on the 2017 ECU when flashing, e.g. AIS disable.

Does anyone have more info on what options are available when flashing a 2017 ECU.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Has anyone tried to read and clear faults on a 2017 MT09 using these readers and cables?

I just fitted an Akra carbon and ran the bike on a paddock stand. It was in neutral but the rear wheel was rotating slowly and I think this may have triggered the CEL, no code is given on the dash.

I also now need an ECU flash to suit the exhaust and saw that Twowheelobsession reports that some of the options are no longer available on the 2017 ECU when flashing, e.g. AIS disable.

Does anyone have more info on what options are available when flashing a 2017 ECU.
Yes to all questions, you can clear the faults no problem PM me for all details, or join the Australia MT Owners Face Book page many guys have had their 2017 MT09's ECU's flashed & don have any problems disabling the AIS in the flash.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello! What would be the part number of the 4-pin coupler / socket that connects to the bike's diagnostic port? I'm also trying to make own OBD2 adapter... Thanks!

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hello! What would be the part number of the 4-pin coupler / socket that connects to the bike's diagnostic port? I'm also trying to make own OBD2 adapter... Thanks!

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk
Search kevxtx posts here - he's got a diagram of the pinouts for the OBD adapter. If you can't find it let me know, I've got a graphic somewhere I can PM you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Search kevxtx posts here - he's got a diagram of the pinouts for the OBD adapter. If you can't find it let me know, I've got a graphic somewhere I can PM you.
Many thanks again sir for the pinout. I was actually confused about the orientation, but finally got to understand it correctly.

Without bothering to buy a proper Yamaha connector, I just did some makeshift connector to my bluetooth OBD2:

The reason for this urgency is because I have a check engine light, and am dying to know what caused it. Here's the cause:

I then remember that the other day, I ran out of fuel. Well, silly me, for I am in such a hurry to go to work that I did not bother with the F-Trip flashing. On the bright side, I empirically determined the limit of my bike's F-Trip at 44kms. ?

So as a side question: does running out of fuel cause this P2195 code? Can I just clear it out, or do I need to dig in to that sensor for a more comprehensive check?

Thanks guys! ?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello,

The files for the EU version of the FJ09 are not complete, (missing tem options, etc) I opened a ticket in the FTECU support, but no reply yet.

Meanwhile I flashed the US version file on a Eu bike.

I changed the TPS and map values to be like the EU file.

Could this make the bike not start?
It has also a rapid bike unit..
It is not starting.

The engines rotates 1 turn then suddenly stops.

Are there major differences in the eu and us files?

Thank you

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Hello,

The files for the EU version of the FJ09 are not complete, (missing tem options, etc) I opened a ticket in the FTECU support, but no reply yet.

Meanwhile I flashed the US version file on a Eu bike.

I changed the TPS and map values to be like the EU file.

Could this make the bike not start?
It has also a rapid bike unit..
It is not starting.

The engines rotates 1 turn then suddenly stops.

Are there major differences in the eu and us files?

Thank you
I noticed that 10 days ago, worked fine for the past 2 years, I opened a support ticket with FT & the reply was: Our team is aware of this issue and they are working on getting it resolved as soon as possible.

You cant use the US bin files in a EU ECU.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I noticed that 10 days ago, worked fine for the past 2 years, I opened a support ticket with FT & the reply was they working on it. You cant use the US bin files in a EU ECU.
I opened a ticket too.

I did flashed the us file... The bike won't start..

Do you think that re flashing the eu bin file will bring the bike back to life?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I opened a ticket too.

I did flashed the us file... The bike won't start..

Do you think that re flashing the eu bin file will bring the bike back to life?
It wont start because you flashed a bin file with no immobilizer in it, try flashing the EU in over the top of the US bin file.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts