Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
if i had to guess - the '16 mt abs uses a different ecu to the prior years, flash-tune likely was not aware of this and assumed they were all the same, thus there is only one flash file (based on the prior ecu) for '14-16 mt abs. unknowingly allowing one to flash the newer ecu with the old ecu flash data and locking out diagnostics in the process.
You are correct mate the 2016 ABS + TCS like the XSR900 run a different ECU protocol + new emission control parameters, & would agree this sounds feasible to be the reason. The closed loop parameters have change quite a bit with A/F ratio checks during the warm up faze until 60 degree C they have added a finer parameter for the sensor voltage range before it logs a fault, unplugging the O2 sensor will now bring up a fault & put the engine light on in the dash.

Flash tune as usual very quick in their responses have said to untick the fault within the Diagnostic Code Manager & flash the ECU, Unfortunetly this feature is not available for the 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS at the moment, hope it comes out soon as the 2016 MT no longer allows you to clear codes from the dash & now cant clear the fault codes via the OBDII 4 pin connector anymore since the flash.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can confirm that after reflashing my 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS I am no longer able to access the diagnostics on my bike, looks like there is a glitch in the flash.
But the bike runs fine?
The TCS still works?

What about the engine light? Is it on?

I have a friends 2016 MT-09 to flash, but maybe I will wait a little for FTecu to sort this..

What do you think?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
But the bike runs fine?
The TCS still works?

What about the engine light? Is it on?

I have a friends 2016 MT-09 to flash, but maybe I will wait a little for FTecu to sort this..

What do you think?
The engine light is on because I educed a fault code, flashed the bike then tried to clear the fault code & can no longer do so with my scanner & have no entry into the dash anymore as Yamaha have closed that door on the MT09 16 model, the reason I tried this was to help another forum member with the diagnosis on his XSR900 to see if the bike or the flash was the problem for not been able to enter the diagnostic's.

Bike runs fine, no problems with TCS or ABS, I have already applied all my settings from my previous 2014 & 15 maps to the 16 model. I have been talking to FT directly & am sure a solution will be found soon, there are many of us that have been waiting for this map.

We need these items added to the 2016 ABS + TCS Flash Tune map.

Ability to turn the O2 sensor off
Turn off injector cut
Turn off the AIS valve
To have access to the diagnostics or to add the Diagnostic Code manager to the map.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made up my own cable, connector front view:

Make sure you twist the two can wires together if you make your own harness

Heya Kevxtx, great thread, thanks.

Your wiring diagram shows 4 pins connecting, but the photo has an extra three. I assume that they're not needed for reading/clearing codes, are they for flashing or power to the reader?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Correct the other 3 wires are not for this mod & are spare wires for other protocols K & L + ignition key on signal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the el-cheapo reader from your post Kevxtx, made up a connector and it works a treat on my '16 XSR900

Engine light came on after a spirited run that saw me caught in a thunderstorm, local (Hobart) dealer wouldn't book me in till 7/10 to get it a scanner on it.

WTF? At the time 3 weeks just to read a stored code.

It was an EGO sensor error, cleared it and now all good. Hasn't returned so far.

Well done mate, great thread.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice one mate, it took a combined effort of a few people to get there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is probably the wrong forum but does anyone know off hand if fault codes can be read using the above method on a 2016 mt-07 tracer. Currently the engine, tc and abs lights are on all the time. The bike is crash damaged and repaired so dealers won't touch it.

I already have a few diagnostic interfaces including Renault clip, Delphi ds150, elm327 ( 3 different ones) , opcom/vauxcom, kkl lead, Lexia 3 and a handheld D900 so hoping I might be able to use one of them.

Any help gratefully received.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cant see why it would not work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cant see why it would not work.
I've made a patch lead to go from 16 pin standard DLC to 4 pin Yamaha this morning. Unfortunately I've not been able to test it yet. I plan on testing next week. Any idea if any of my interfaces will work. The only ones that support hs-can are Delphi ds150, opcom, vauxcom, elm327 wireless, Lexia and clip.

However clip, opcom, vauxcom, delphi and Lexia 3 require manual vehicle identification. Where as elm327 and d900 search all protocols rather rather than single protocol based on vehicle selection. It might just be a case of using say Lexia 3 and selecting a vehicle that uses hs-can to access the codes. This is something I can play around with.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I've made a patch lead to go from 16 pin standard DLC to 4 pin Yamaha this morning. Unfortunately I've not been able to test it yet. I plan on testing next week. Any idea if any of my interfaces will work. The only ones that support hs-can are Delphi ds150, opcom, vauxcom, elm327 wireless, Lexia and clip.

However clip, opcom, vauxcom, delphi and Lexia 3 require manual vehicle identification. Where as elm327 and d900 search all protocols rather rather than single protocol based on vehicle selection. It might just be a case of using say Lexia 3 and selecting a vehicle that uses hs-can to access the codes. This is something I can play around with.
As long as they can read OBD ISO 15765, 500k-11bit they will work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update - firstly it's a mt09 and not mt07. Not sure how I mixed that up. I have tried the lead today and I cannot get it to work with my Bluetooth elm327 or wired elm327. The bike powers the interface up fine but it will not connect to the bike. I even tried swapping the 2 can wires around in case I'd made a mistake but it did not work. I gave up for today but I'm not beaten just yet.

Has anyone used either of the 2 above interfaces and if so what program did you use? I tried torque life, carista, eobd facile and piston - none worked

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Update - firstly it's a mt09 and not mt07. Not sure how I mixed that up. I have tried the lead today and I cannot get it to work with my Bluetooth elm327 or wired elm327. The bike powers the interface up fine but it will not connect to the bike. I even tried swapping the 2 can wires around in case I'd made a mistake but it did not work. I gave up for today but I'm not beaten just yet.

Has anyone used either of the 2 above interfaces and if so what program did you use? I tried torque life, carista, eobd facile and piston - none worked
The interfaces must be able to read OBDII ISO 15765, 500k-11bit, the ECU must not be reflashed by Flash Tune.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The interfaces must be able to read OBDII ISO 15765, 500k-11bit, the ECU must not be reflashed by Flash Tune.
I'm 99.9% sure both interfaces cover ISO 15765 500k 11 bit. The thought had crossed my mind about flash tune. Is there any way around this?

I'll try another couple of different interfaces this week just to rule out a interface problem. I'll try the d900 and maybe the delphi

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
On the latest 2016 MT09 ABS + TCS & XSR 900 if flashed using FT software the diagnostic's can no longer be read through the Yamaha diagnostic port.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had thought about this. It's a possibility. Let's see what the d900 does.

Ive just made a proper lead with the correct connectors that I got from ebay for a few pound. Just need to get time to go back and have another look on it. I've been upto my eyes in other jobs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all.

Can anyone tell me if one can adjust the fuel ratios using these devices? Similar to the MT-09 in diagnostics mode?

Thanks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hi all.

Can anyone tell me if one can adjust the fuel ratios using these devices? Similar to the MT-09 in diagnostics mode?

Thanks.
It cant be done with the OBII reader on the 2016 ABS-TCS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you.

Can it be done though? If I take the bike to the dealer, would they be able to? Or has that feature been removed?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Some news from FTECU today:

12/6/16 (2.4.1.4)
– Resolved conflicts with YDT dealer diagnostic tool and generic OBD-II scanners
All diagnostic functions operate transparently except dealer ECU programming
Obtain post-recall tune files from FTECU in the event of an ECU recall

21 - 40 of 79 Posts