Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's exactly why im still thinking (deciding) weather I should get the fz-09. Because if there's a R version comes out shortly after with more power and ABS or TC im definitely going to want it. I'm gonna wait it out this winter cuz you can't ride here in NY cuz of the snow.

In the meanwhile im gonna enjoy my turbo yammie snowmobile!:p

·
Registered
188 Posts
wow .. if thats right ... they are coming out swinging against triumph, ducati, mvaugusta perhaps? ... but hitting hard into the streetfighter/fun/cool sector ... this could be interesting! :encouragement:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did some calculations to see what else could be done with this bore x stroke engine design. If one cylinder was lopped off to make a twin it would have a 566cc. Not quite enough engine to compete with the NC700 or Versys. If one cylinder was added to the triple to make a 4-cylinder motor the result would be 1,129cc. Again, not quite the right mix to compete with the 1,000's or the 1,200's. This scenario would have worked better if the base displacement of the FZ-09 engine was 900cc yielding a 600 twin, 900 triple and a 1,200 four. This is just economy in manufacturing. However, if another 3 cylinders were added to the 847cc triple, in either a straight-6 or a V-6 configuration, Yamaha would have a 1,694cc engine to compete with the BMW GTL. My take on the bigger and smaller versions of this 847cc triple will be using different bore and stroke dimensions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts