Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 MT-09SP, 2019 Tracer GT, 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt.
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend i became the ecstatic new owner of a 22 MT-09SP. I got lucky and scooped it up after someone who put a deposit down last winter backed out. I demoed a couple of these over the summer and fell in love with it. So glad i finally found one after searching all summer that was only 4 hours away from me. If you're looking for a mint condition 2019 XSR900 i traded mine it at Yamaha of Camp Hill PA which is near Harrisburg. I will be selling off the aftermarket accessories i kept from my XSR on here soon.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Nice, enjoy.

·
Registered
2022 MT-09SP, 2019 Tracer GT, 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt.
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided to go with the MT over the newest generation of XSR because....availability?
No not really. I demoed both bikes recently. The MT-09SP won me over with that wonderful upgraded factory suspension, comfort and color scheme.

I actually wasn't fond of the seating position on the new XSR. I'm not sure if the seat was further back or the pegs were further forward but the pegs hit me right in my lower inner legs when sitting on the bike. Seemed more of an aggressive riding position than the early XSR. At the end the 20 minute demo ride the XSR seat was already becoming uncomfortable.

I am on my 4th Yamaha and they have ALL had horrible OEM seats. The seat on the MT is not great either but IMO is a bit better than the XSR.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No not really. I demoed both bikes recently. The MT-09SP won me over with that wonderful upgraded factory suspension, comfort and color scheme.

I actually wasn't fond of the seating position on the new XSR. I'm not sure if the seat was further back or the pegs were further forward but the pegs hit me right in my lower inner legs when sitting on the bike. Seemed more of an aggressive riding position than the early XSR. At the end the 20 minute demo ride the XSR seat was already becoming uncomfortable.

I am on my 4th Yamaha and they have ALL had horrible OEM seats. The seat on the MT is not great either but IMO is a bit better than the XSR.
Hows the tracer 900 seat? Looks like a great bike for touring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts