Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dave McKenna - Street stunt bike rider

"The Yamaha MT09 is a wild ride as it is. Its punchy, light and has a seating position that definitely sets you up for aggressive riding so to me It made sense to make one go from wild to ridiculous and really step things up a notch! So with the help of fabricating genius Ben Shaw from Extreme Creations we are building a DRIFT edition MT09 equipped with Garrett Turbo, 6inch swing arm extensions and custom triple clamps to give me extra lock when I'm sending it sideways. In less than a month me and my crazy MT09 will be frying tyre's somewhere near you.. Can't wait!! "

Looking at 200hp + :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
We saw DM at York not long after the MT09 came out....it didn't look like he needed any help frying a rear tyre....

....I can only assume the next instalment with this new machine is going to be something to watch out for!

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
someone posted this the other day..it looks like an interesting project for sure..I'm looking forward to seeing it finished and what kind of performance he gets from the engine

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I am sure the HP increase will be significant. The amount will depend on how much boost the turbo is allowed to supply.

HP does come with a cost. More boost = shorter engine life.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Ben got about 500hp out of a zx12 he built.
I went on a ride with guys from ASF back in 2007, there were 3 or 4 turbo bikes as part of the group of 30 of us.
I was doing about 180 and was about to go around a truck. I looked over my shoulder, no one there, started to pull out, and one of the other blokes came past me like a fuggin gun shot on his streetfightered turbo busa and disappeared.
Always wanted a turbo a bike.

·
Registered
128 Posts
HP to weight ratio is awesome at 200 plus hp on the FZ-09. That's going to haul A55.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I must say this project with some nice Ohlins bits (if it has) has me cracking a fairly solid chubby, what a lovely installation so far, feeking awesome :)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Is this engine built strong enough to double the horsepower?
I doubt it very much..I mean,its a great engine, but I really dont think the bottom end will take over 200HP....not for long anyway.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I doubt it very much..I mean,its a great engine, but I really dont think the bottom end will take over 200HP....not for long anyway.
It will handle it. Yamaha motors are way overbuilt. I have been running a 3 cylinder Yamaha motor in my sled now for three full seasons. Stock it had 130hp. With the turbo it puts out 270hp. It has run absolutely flawless. Just got to give it good fuel.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
It will handle it. Yamaha motors are way overbuilt. I have been running a 3 cylinder Yamaha motor in my sled now for three full seasons. Stock it had 130hp. With the turbo it puts out 270hp. It has run absolutely flawless. Just got to give it good fuel.
Thats good to hear...

·
Registered
166 Posts
HP to weight ratio is awesome at 200 plus hp on the FZ-09. That's going to haul A55.
Sho nuff. Cant wait to see it all come together.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts