Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yamaha has just unvelied the Yamaha MT-09 Street Tracker? Will it come stateside? Do you want it to?

Read all about it here

Watch the promo

·
Registered
226 Posts
The suspension still looks soft in that video. I can tell what they changed other than the exhaust, added some number plates and the front fender if you don't count the few aftermarket goodies.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It wouldn't be my first pick. I can appreciate the matt tank, and grip pads and maybe the seat borrowed from the Rally.

I would rather have an FZ-09R with a dialed in suspension , Akra exhaust , and no giant oranges for turn signals!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
minus the racing decals - i dig the seat, exhaust and color but something tells me this will be like $1k more in which case i wouldn't spring the extra coin for it.

This is similar to the Moto Guzzi V7 - IMO the "Stone" vs. the "Racer" looks way better. I'd say the same about the current FZ vs. this one.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
They could have fitted some dual sport tires.

Just joking. Just a couple number plates, a new exhaust as an accessory and seat and there is another version. OK. Well I guess it good to have more options. Would have hoped for more, like a ST or ADV version.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Interesting... I'd like some of the bits on the bike for my own, but as far as looks go I like the regular FZ-09 better.

Reactions: Bashar_P

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I actually dig that front cowl minus the "9" graphic

Sent from my phone and my autocorrect sucks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Interesting... I'd like some of the bits on the bike for my own, but as far as looks go I like the regular FZ-09 better.
Ditto. I like the front fender. I like the tank grips. They can keep the undertail exhaust -- I'll keep my akra ti. :)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I really don't like the exhaust. A bike built from the ground up to have an under tail can look good (I still wouldn't want it), but that external plumbing to achieve it, eww.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would have preferred a more ADV/Dual sport prepped bike- not stickers or number plates. Some parts look good but it is still not a purposeful bike so to speak. I think we can probably order certain parts (like the fender) from UK and we will be fine.
For the full effect check out the UK Yamaha site: MT-09 Street Tracker ABS 2014 - Motorcycles - Yamaha Motor UK

·
Registered
204 Posts
I 'think' I prefer it to the street rally. But even with that said, i still prefer the naked look of the vanilla FZ09 (once you lose the tumor tail, and orange front signals)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like it but it just seems like the standard FZ with different plastics. From what i have gathered, the undertail exhaust is an additional feature. Not worth a penny more than what I paid for my FZ.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts