Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Yamaha Euro website to check out the MT-07 for my wife when I found the MT-09 "Street Rally." Yamaha is taking us in an exciting direction for our FZ-09's as in a blank palet that can be molded to our personality.

It is basically our FZ-09 with some bolt-on plastic parts, no changes to the core motorcycle. In the photo's Valentino Rossi is modeling on the new variant. Yamaha used the black or "Liquid Graphite" colored bike to highlight the new white plastic bits but for those of you with the red version will really benefit from this new look. I hope that they make some carbon weave parts of us "Liquid Graphite" owners. Blurple would be over-the-top but some discrete blurple graphics on a carbon weave would look good.

Check out the photo and this link: MT-09 Street Rally 2014 Gallery - Motorcycles - Yamaha Motor Europe

2014-Yamaha-MT-09-Street-Rally-EU-Tech-Graphite-Static-002.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed, I'm really excited by the taller seat. At 6'5" I need all the distance between my hips and ankle that I can get.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Like the rally theme and couldn't wait for "official" parts here in the US.
So, I put some PowerMadd "star" model handguards on my 09 this afternoon.
Using their universal ATV/Motorcycle mounting kit, they actually went right on without modification to bike or accessory.
About $60 + shipping.
IMG_7376.jpg IMG_7383.JPG IMG_7387.JPG IMG_7389.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NICE! I want to do the same thing with the hand guards but I want the integrated turn signals so that I can remove the existing "bug eyes."

·
Registered
192 Posts
Talked to my dealer about this yesterday, he thinks there will be a 'set' of these pieces next year for those of us who want to slap on the extra pieces ;)

·
Vendor
2,315 Posts
NICE! I want to do the same thing with the hand guards but I want the integrated turn signals so that I can remove the existing "bug eyes."
Check out the Zeta Handguards with integrated LED turn signals.
I had these on my old bike...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts