Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone

New to the forum have been been looking for MT-09 SP. Can anyone share where there is actual inventory and if you purchased one, what was your out the door prices? I am in Bay Area, California.

And yes I have tried looking at Yamaha's dealer site with no luck. Secondly is the SP 50 state compliant? Can I buy one out of state and ship it here?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Secondly is the SP 50 state compliant? Can I buy one out of state and ship it here?
Can't help with the pricing, but like previous gen 9's, there are separate 49-state and CA spec bikes. CA bikes have the evap canister and different ECU part numbers.
Pretty sure you can't import a new out of state vehicle into CA without them gunning you down for killing the environment lol

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha MT-09 SP
87 Posts
Hi!
It's going to be hard to find an SP at a dealership, most of them are presold. You may be better off putting a deposit down on one and waiting.

The OTD price for my 2022 was between 13-13.5K

Like JCFZ09 said above, the bikes that get sent to California are different than the bikes sent elsewhere due to emission laws.

·
Registered
2021 MT-09
134 Posts
Welcome Derrick. No guarantees, but in the very least contact the sales person (Anthony Campana) who I worked with in purchasing my '21 MT-09 back in June 2021, at Roseville Motorsports | Roseville, CA | Motorsports Dealership up in Rocklin CA, just northeast of Sacramento. I had a good experience overall at this dealership. Back then he had just sold an SP to another guy a week before mine, but he crashed it 2 days later and immediately put in a "request" for another, which I couldn't say if he was ever able to find...?

BTW, my OTD price for my "standard" MT was around $12,500 or so, but this includes the added $600 Yamaha Extended Services Warranty. Good luck on the search! (y)

·
Registered
24 Posts
As someone who was looking to buy the SP in California, I can confirm that they build CA-specific MT-09s.
if you can register the bike in another state before, then you can move it to Cali even if it's a 49-state bike

Also, dealers in Cali are charging a super high premium, $2k+(seen as much as$3k)excluding taxes and other fees. I, fortunately, was moving back to the east coast and found a dealer who was only charging $500 on top of the MSRP

·
Registered
209 Posts
11500 OTD. That doesn’t include license plates in my state which I think is the case some places? But that’s bike and taxes price. Between the weather and work I still have not rode it yet.

·
Registered
Mt09 SP 2022
48 Posts
Check the Yamaha inventory site every day. When a new one is posted in your area call and make a deposit. As said above they are listed a week or two before the dealer knows about it. That's how I got mine. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts