Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
My Bike is 2 days old and I noticed white streaks on the face of the radiator and I am hoping it is just burn off residue from it being new? Has anyone else noticed this and had it checked out?
Thank you ? for helping me!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Are you sure it's not something thrown up by your front tire?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I clean my radiator with a worn out toothbrush, warm water with mild detergent and a soft rinse with mist setting from garden hose.You'll be surprised at the crap that collects in your radiator and how easy it is to bend the grills.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I've seen new bikes at dealers with damaged radiators from sloppy assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Everyone,
My Bike is 2 days old and I noticed white streaks on the face of the radiator and I am hoping it is just burn off residue from it being new? Has anyone else noticed this and had it checked out?
Thank you ? for helping me!
Do not worry about that, everything is normal, so some units leave the factory, it is as if some product used in the washing during the painting of the radiator in the factory left that trail, my first MT09 2015 had that white spot, I had it 3 years, I never had problems. Now I have a second MT09 2020, bought from another distributor, and coincidentally it has a similar stain. It never takes off, and it can only be seen when the motorcycle is freshly washed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts