Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I'm waiting to get my MT- 09SP 2022 and have a question.

The quick shifter, do you let off the gas ore du you just pres up ore down and hold the throttle?

First bike with a quick shifter 馃槈

Registered
The quick shifter is really a lot of fun..especially with the low end grunt on the cp3! No need to wring it out to enjoy it... try just grabbing a handful of throttle and short shift like a mad man :LOL:

Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
A quick shifter is one of those options like cruise control that I would never have done but once I got a bike that they came standard on, I will always have to have it. Not only is it big fun but I have bad arthritis and I've gotten to the point where I use it almost like an automatic transmission even when riding slow around town. The technology going in to modern motorcycles is amazing and on Yamahas it's pretty bulletproof.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats!!

just press up and down, it has a quick shifter/ auto blipper

up shifts work best with it when the throttle is open

down shift the throttle must be closed

you can still always shift normally with the clutch
Thanks. I was not quite sure and only had a 30-40 min ride on it in Oktober before ordering it. It's my first bike and I'm looking forward as a little boy to Christmas 鈽 and I'm 43 this weekend

Registered
It's a good quickshifter too, they aren't all the same. Some manufacturers have it sorted, others not so much. Well impressed with Yamahas effort here, it's definitely one of the better ones I've had on a bike.

Be wary of using it between 1st and 2nd, all quickshifters can take a small dislike to that sometimes.

Registered
1 - 9 of 9 Posts