Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Mt 09 sp '21
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. At the beginning of April I ordered the MT 09 SP 2021 but apparently it hasn't been shipped yet in Malta.
Has anyone got any news about EU or Malta shipping?

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
32 Posts
Not in the EU or Malta.

I put a preorder in for the 21 mt09 SP in back in November of 2020. Still no word of when its coming in. I'm in Minnesota. Shipment for the 21 models for Yamaha has been a disaster this year. :(

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,964 Posts
You haven’t been to stores and seen rows of empty shelves that are normally full? Tried to order items from Amazon or other online vendors, but they are consistently out of stock? I see these things regularly these days. I think Covid had much more far-reaching consequences than anyone predicted. The world is so intertwined today, one big event can cause a domino effect, and this one certainly did…

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
32 Posts
You haven’t been to stores and seen rows of empty shelves that are normally full? Tried to order items from Amazon or other online vendors, but they are consistently out of stock? I see these things regularly these days. I think Covid had much more far-reaching consequences than anyone predicted. The world is so intertwined today, one big event can cause a domino effect, and this one certainly did…
I don’t know where you’re located or whats going on but… no to all of that. Where I am, shelves are fully stocked and online orders go through like normal.

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
2,964 Posts
Okay. Never mind. Yamaha totally dropped the ball and forgot how to run a business, and nothing else was affected by Covid. I stand corrected.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I don’t know where you’re located or whats going on but… no to all of that. Where I am, shelves are fully stocked and online orders go through like normal.
I can't argue with you about what you are saying about how it is where you live, but there are shortages of many, many things throughout the country. The shortages are real, times from order to delivery has increased, and sometimes items are out of stock with "no estimated date for arrival....or if they will be back in stock". I ordered a couple of refillable 16 oz propane tanks and the "kit" to do that with about a month ago (First week in June) and they were advertised as available in late July/early August. That is just one example of the millions of things that are and have been affected by the Covid thing.

Reactions: Moto26

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Wow you're a condescending ass.

Also, thats' not what I said.
OK, this needs to end. You have your opinion and other have theirs on what it is like for them....myself included. Condescending and rude??? ......Nope. Sarcastic.........Yep....just a bit. Is it something that should have been reported to a moderator........NO! Like I said, it needs to end so do your part in making it happen.

Reactions: Siltod091

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Wow you're a condescending ass.

Also, thats' not what I said.
You’ve been here for 16 days and….surprise, this ISN’T the way this forum works. If you’re going to get asshurt when a longtime member who greatly contributes to this forum voices an opinion, you need to either chill or find another more ‘PC’ place to soothe your feelings. And for what it’s worth, here in Hawai’i Covid and the shipping backlog has left many of our stores…including major National retailers completely out of stock on basic items for weeks, so Moto26 is absolutely correct. If YOUR stores have a generous supply of HotPockets for you…congrats. Now, move on with this conversation brah

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi guys. At the beginning of April I ordered the MT 09 SP 2021 but apparently it hasn't been shipped yet in Malta.
Thanks
G'day, siltod, from sunny eastern Australia, much of which is in covid lockdown. Purely as a matter of interest - for I have an enquiring mind - my impression is that Malta GC is a small-ish island. Do you have a decent road network there? Whatever, and whenever you finally receive your SP, do enjoy it!

·
Registered
Mt 09 sp '21
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
G'day, siltod, from sunny eastern Australia, much of which is in covid lockdown. Purely as a matter of interest - for I have an enquiring mind - my impression is that Malta GC is a small-ish island. Do you have a decent road network there? Whatever, and whenever you finally receive your SP, do enjoy it!
Hi there, yes, you're right, it is a small ish island, but the conditions of the roads are good and the views are amazing everywhere. But, even if we don't really have roads that allow us to go faster than 80 km/h, we are very close to italy 😉.
Getting the catamaran and reaching Sicily in 1:30/2:00 hours it's an easy way to enjoy you motorcycle in 2 different countries.

BTW, Malta is nearly covid free, we are nearly all vaccinated and from 0 to 6 cases per day.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thank you, Siltod. That ferry ride to Sicily and all that opens up for you sounds very worthwhile: good luck with it all.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Thanks
hey I guess be patient because I live in Hawaii and I’ve been waiting for word on when’s my SP coming and I know my salesman is a good guy but he can’t tell me so yeah to be continued…

1 - 15 of 15 Posts