Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of purchasing the SC-Project CR-T exhaust for MT 09 2021, which was just released a couple of days back by SC-Project: SC-PROJECT FULL SYSTEM (3-1) CR-T EXHAUST. I was desperately waiting for Austin Racing exhaust to be released for MT 09 2021, but it will take them at least three more months to develop. Should I go ahead with SC-Project CR-T exhaust for MT 09 2021 (which, by the way, I love the sound of as well, as they are used in MotoGP)? Or wait for the AR team to come up with the exhaust for MT 09 2021 and then decide between the two?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am in the process of purchasing the SC-Project CR-T exhaust for MT 09 2021, which was just released a couple of days back by SC-Project: SC-PROJECT FULL SYSTEM (3-1) CR-T EXHAUST. I was desperately waiting for Austin Racing exhaust to be released for MT 09 2021, but it will take them at least three more months to develop. Should I go ahead with SC-Project CR-T exhaust for MT 09 2021 (which, by the way, I love the sound of as well, as they are used in MotoGP)? Or wait for the AR team to come up with the exhaust for MT 09 2021 and then decide between the two?

Thanks!
Hello Jay….. what I can tell you about the CRT exhaust is that it is very loud. I wanted it also, so I bought it and it was annoying loud to me and everyone around me. I wanted a loud exhaust but the CRT has absolutely no baffle at all . It’s wide open! Looks good tho……….

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I have the CRT on my 2015 and love it ! You do not see to many around that was one reason I got it ! As for the Austin Racing exhaust, If I was a guessing man it will look pretty close and the sound will also be close to the CRT !I think there is a reason the CRT came out first and the Austin will be out at a latter point..Just compare the two in the 2015 models you will see what I mean . That being said if you want to save some bucks and get the same look " i'm guessing here " wait for the Austin .Both will most likely sound the same and you WILL have to get some kind of hearing protection on either one..Trust me on this ! I would say just jump on it be original ! You will not regret !!
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the CRT on my 2015 and love it! You do not see to many around that was one reason I got it ! As for the Austin Racing exhaust, If I was a guessing man it will look pretty close and the sound will also be close to the CRT ! I think there is a reason the CRT came out first, and the Austin will be out at a latter point..Just compare the two in the 2015 models you will see what I mean . That being said if you want to save some bucks and get the same look " i'm guessing here " wait for the Austin .Both will most likely sound the same and you WILL have to get some kind of hearing protection on either one..Trust me on this ! I would say just jump on it be original ! You will not regret !! View attachment 171412
Thank you for your reply; I am confused between the CR-T and S1, as SC-Project released the exhaust for MT 09 2021 in both variations. I haven't heard either of the two in real, and I would love to know your perspective on it as well :)

S1 Link: SC-PROJECT FULL SYSTEM (3-1) S1 EXHAUST

CR-T Link: SC-PROJECT FULL SYSTEM (3-1) CR-T EXHAUST

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Jay….. what I can tell you about the CRT exhaust is that it is very loud. I wanted it also, so I bought it, and it was annoying loud to me and everyone around me. I wanted a loud exhaust but the CRT has absolutely no baffle at all . It’s wide open! Looks good tho……….
Thank you for your reply; I am confused between the CR-T and S1, as SC-Project released the exhaust for MT 09 2021 in both variations. I haven't heard either of the two in real, and I would love to know your perspective on it as well :)

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

The S1 seems a bit tamer than the CR-T in sound and that is only because it has a removable silencer . The S1 does have a different muffler set-up and also has a removable silencer where as the CR-T does not . Both are made out of the same metal so it really comes down to the Muffler really as to what you like best ,other than that I do not see a difference between the two . My-self ...I like the CR-T best ! I know with my CR-T you MUST have ear plugs or you WILL get hearing loss ! The exit on the muffler is right there below your ear...Don't ask me how I know ! LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wanted the Austin as well, Yoshi is my first choice but few months for em too. Sc project is a little too loud for me.

I decided to get the Dominator HP3 system because it’s a low mount but the pipe is perfectly positioned under the bike to accept another muffler. So I figured Id use the Dominator system and run an Austin racing muffler on it.

Vcyclenut also tested that the Doninator pipes offer the best power of any pipe for the gen3 even without the crossover

That’s just what Im doing I figured Id share

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I am also waiting for the Austin Racing as it is full titanium

the spark exhaust and the SC seem to stainless steel headers?

i'll Be keen to see what you go with
Thank you for your reply. Here is the thing, Austin Racing do de-cat systems, whereas SC-Project does full exhaust systems. With Austin Racing, the stock Stainless Steel Header on Yamaha MT 09 2021 will remain intact. You will cut header pipes using a disk cutter or good metal saw from the cat box at the weld position & clean up the outer and inner surfaces and use the titanium link pipe and muffler (body) also in titanium from Austin Racing. However, with SC-Project, since it is a full system, it will be a complete set-up including headers, a link pipe, and the muffler (body) with headers and link pipe being Stainless Steel AISI 304 and muffler (body) being in titanium or carbon fibre (depending on which option you with).

I spoke with the Director of SC-Project Australia and New Zealand last night. He said there isn't much sound difference when using Titanium or Stainless Steel AISI 304 link pipe (keeping in mind that it is still going to be Stainless Steel Header no matter what option you go with: Austin Racing or SC-Project), as the sound is also more likely dependent on the body (muffler) material type, which is titanium for both SC-Project and Austin Racing exhaust systems (if you go with the Titanium option instead of Carbon Fibre option for SC-Project CR-T exhaust).

SC-Project CR-T exhaust sounds almost the same as AR, and there is a slight difference in the pitch, but the bass is almost the same. Both are amazing as they have been used in MotoGP for decades. If you do the cost analysis, SC-Project is very competitive in pricing compared to the ridiculous amount of money charged by Austin Racing. Also, since I own Matte-Black Yamaha MT 09 2021, I have modified the motorbike with almost black parts, with silver being the accent. Going with SC-Project CR-T full system stainless steel exhaust with titanium muffler (body) will blend in really well with my motorbike and further enhance the overall look of my MT 09 in addition to providing amazing sound, as opposed to using the ugly stock headers in golden colour with Austing Racing link pipe and muffler in titanium which will destroy/compromise the overall look/feel and the theme of my current motorbike set up.

With SC-Project Australia, you can change/modify the order due to unforeseen circumstances once the order is placed so that they can rectify it. Cancellations can be made during the delivery time frame (almost the same as Austin Racing) for a refund, less a 15% stocking fee. In contrast, with Austin Racing Australia, once the order is placed, there are only fourteen (14) days to change/modify the order. Also, for Austin Racing, any cancellations made after 14 days from the order date but before delivery will incur a 20% restocking fee as production will have begun. SC-Project Australia accepts the change of mind returns for a refund, less the 20% stocking fee and postal paid by the customer, provided that the item is brand-new. However, with Austin Racing Australia, they will charge a 40% restocking fee along with all postal costs for change of mind returns once the order is received. SC-Project Australia offers 24 months warranty for most of their exhaust systems; Austin Racing Australia offers only 12 months of warranty. I also tested and tried the support team in Australia for both SC-Project and Austin Racing. The support system and call-back response rate from SC-Project are amazing and fast; they answer all your queries professionally and assist you in the customer journey from start to end to make an informed decision. With Austin Racing, I left multiple call-back request voice mails last week and a few months back and sent emails a few months back with zero response rate from Austin Racing up to date. I was able to get hold of Austin Racing support once after multiple desperate calling attempts a few months back. They said they would get back to me after responding unprofessionally to my queries, which never happened.

It's a no-brainer for me, and I have already decided. I will go with SC-Project CR-T Full System Exhaust with titanium muffler (body) for my Matte-Black MT 09 2021, as I am in love with what SC-Project released. Hopefully, I will place the order in a few days as the current ETA is 3-7 weeks once you place the order on SC-Project Australia's official website.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I had a hard on for AR for the longest time. I already had an akra on my fz09 so couldn't justify the $$ to swap, but I had a buddy get one for his Tuono. Thought I'd be drooling over it... but was a bit put off by the quality if I'm being honest. The welds weren't very consistent, and the edges of some of the cuts inside the can (had a little 45* elbow welded on to connect to headers) were rough. Dunno; for what he paid for it I just wasn't blown away. He ended up selling it bc even at idle it was deafening.

Idk anything about SC, but if i were in your shoes and those were my two options. I'd give SC a try simply because of the above experience.

Reactions: Ratty and Jay84

·
Registered
50 Posts
@dcpppf @Jay84 Thanks for your comments

so as I understood it, I thought the AR was a full Ti exhaust including headers, mid-pipe, and can

I don’t need just want the can - I want the full system

Austin Racing
I am still keen on the AR, but if it is just the can, then I’ll leave it, or if the quality leaves a lot to be desired then I will leave it
I thought that their price for the previous model was approx £1,000 + delivery so thought they were competitive

SC project
I had ruled them out because they didn’t have a full Ti system and I’d prefer that over stainless steel as I love the way Ti turns blue

Spark Exhaust
I was thinking of Spark because they do make a full Ti exhaust system, and they have announced their current range for the ‘21/‘22 MT09.
I think they are an extra 50% more I cost than the Austin Racing though

I’m not leaning over
I’m not on the race track
I just ride on the road, but I want something louder than stock and sounds good and looks good
I will get a tune though

if anyone was to be able to help with the following I would be appreciative….

mid you were looking at the ones above, which would you prefer for the following categories?:

sound - I like a GP,or raspy sound (not a Harley sound)

Looks - I don’t think anyone is gonna be able to make them look like stock and tucked under the bike

Quality - I thought AR were supposed to be very good, but looking at the comments above, seems that Spark maybe better?

value for money - I was think the AR with the full Ti system??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts