Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
keeping the clutch in the friction zone longer when accelerating after a series of down-shifts.
This will help.
It rarely happens to me now that I've gotten used to it,but it still does,especially if I have a passenger as the extra weight puts extra load to the engine.
It clearly is an issue of the mapping at low rpms.
You can solve it with a flash.In a couple of weeks I'll get mine flashed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you flashing it yourself ?

I’m wondering how other folks are not running into this issue when I managed to experience it within the 1st 100 miles. For those of you who have not experienced the problem, can you pls share your down-shifting technique?

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Are you flashing it yourself ?

I’m wondering how other folks are not running into this issue when I managed to experience it within the 1st 100 miles. For those of you who have not experienced the problem, can you pls share your down-shifting technique?
No I'm getting it flashed at a store.
Well it depends at the way you drive.Some experience it more than others.
However it has never happened to me while down-shifting.If your engine died like that,then there may be an air leak at the intake.You should get it checked at a dealer.

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Remapping the problem area, correcting the throttle tables, an few other tweaks fixed mine 100% with a flash.
Do you mind explaining a bit?
More to instruct it to the tuner that will handle my bike,in case he hasn't heard of the issue,so that he'll solve it at my bike too.
Did you just open the throttle more at low rpms?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Do you mind explaining a bit?
More to instruct it to the tuner that will handle my bike,in case he hasn't heard of the issue,so that he'll solve it at my bike too.
Did you just open the throttle more at low rpms?
If he is experanced at all in Flashing ECU's he will see that the numbers are low in the lower RPM range and fix it !

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
I don't have auto blipping, no slipper clutch, so all my downshifts have good old fashioned manual blipping.
The engine has never died.

Reactions: abe57

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't have auto blipping, no slipper clutch, so all my downshifts have good old fashioned manual blipping.
The engine has never died.
Yeah, I'm with you there...I think I might be putting my bike away for the winter but I do plan to diagnose the problem next year with the QS disabled.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts