Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
OK, you're not married. Or have the worlds best wife.
Yip married for over 30 years, my wife says I have a bike addiction she might be right.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Is it cold outside or does it only happen right after you start it in the morning maybe you aren't letting it warm up property
Mainly when hot never from cold, worse in heavy traffic when lane splitting & you need to take off quickly, if you take off normally with the traffic you don't notice it as much.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
26 Posts
Interesting… Perhaps the charcoal canister equipped bikes also received a more emissions friendly related tune in the idle/cruise areas?

I’ve had my SP for almost a month now and haven’t noticed anything like this at take off.
I've got only 700+ miles on my 21 MT-09 SP & this issue just started happening to me. Once when the hwy slowed to a crawl & I had to restart the bike. Not a good feeling 😕

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Fezzer9

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So I've been riding 10 days with mode 2 and yesterday the same happened.
Tomorrow the bike is going to the dealer for the 1000kms service and it's going to get checked but as I said,I believe it's a mapping issue cause of the euro 5 crap and propably only remapping will fix this.

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I went to the dealer to discuss about the issue.
His mechanic told me that he hasn't heard of the issue.
But luckily I found another guy with a MT 09 SP 2021 model there and he told me that it has happened to him too a couple of times.
So it must be an issue affecting all 09s and I guess it depends on climate etc too.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha MT-09 SP
26 Posts
That's sadly the reason I haven't rushed to take my bike to the dealer is because of that kinda response. If they don't follow up with, "I haven't heard of this issue yet myself but thank you for bringing it to our attention and let's get your bike scheduled in for a diagnostic asap and we'll cover it under your warranty". Imma be pissed. I've caught the engine going out on video too from my ride this weekend. I'll start making calls to Yamaha this week though.

🍻

·
Registered
701 Posts
To much rambling on for me..But if you guys don't say anything then the dealers and Yamaha will never look into it ! The more the better !
I dont think the dealers will be able to do anything to the throttle tables & AFR in the problem area, I will sort the mapping as soon as we get access to the ECU.

·
Registered
Yamaha MT 09 SP 2021
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hello Dante,

Any news on this subject?
Unfortunately ,no.
They will plug the bike at the service but I don't expect much really.The issue must be addresed by yamaha.
Everyone having this,please bother yamaha.I'll have a friend notified,who is a journalist at a motorcycle site to annoy them.
That's the only way to get the issue to them and have them solve it.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I dont think the dealers will be able to do anything to the throttle tables & AFR in the problem area, I will sort the mapping as soon as we get access to the ECU.
My statement was if enough come to the dealer and all these reports go to Yamaha they "Yamaha" will tend to look into the problem...

41 - 60 of 92 Posts