Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha MT 10
2,121 Posts
Those are probably pretty hard to find at this point. Skip a rent payment and buy a K-Tech. They have multiple spring weights. It's not cheap but it will make a huge difference.....but then you'll have to skip a rent payment for cartridges, which when you think of it, having a fully armed MT 09 beats a roof over your head any day.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
If you buy a used other brand shock it'll probably need a rebuild anyway, at the least a respring.
Proper aftermarket is best.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went with Nitron fork cartridge and remote reservoir rear shock. Built for my specs street versus road percentage, passenger no passenger, and my weight range. Arrived with instructions based on my input for setup, I’ve never looked back the bike is phenomenal. Now it needs a better rider.

·
Registered
53 Posts
HAS SOMEBODY TRIED TO PUT ANOTHER REAR SHOCK WITHOUT SPENDING $1000 SOME LIKE GEN 1 AND 2 WITH A ZX6R SHOCK
A little late but ive tried a couple different shocks the latest being a 2021 R1 rear shock. The abs pump, and the starter prevent anything with a piggyback reservoir from being used. I found a couple that correct length, but just not enough clearance
About the only hope for one to fit is look for an aftermarket shock for the zx10r with remote reservoir . Im going ktech or nitron as m doing a few track days a month now.
YSS makes a couple rear shocks for our bikes that are really nice for the money, as well as ktech, nitron and bitubo. They all have low budget adjustable shocks .
Anything is a vast improvement over the stock,but the biggest improvements can be made in the front,Thats where the real problem lies as the suspension is so unbalanced. When I rode Sunday on a track with a lot of elevation changes the front forks even though adjusted full stiff were bottoming completely out while the backend sorta behaved as it should.
I would suggest a fork oil change,(10-15weight)and fork springs to start with and go from there unless you just want shock bling.

·
Registered
511 Posts
A little late but ive tried a couple different shocks the latest being a 2021 R1 rear shock. The abs pump, and the starter prevent anything with a piggyback reservoir from being used. I found a couple that correct length, but just not enough clearance
About the only hope for one to fit is look for an aftermarket shock for the zx10r with remote reservoir . Im going ktech or nitron as m doing a few track days a month now.
YSS makes a couple rear shocks for our bikes that are really nice for the money, as well as ktech, nitron and bitubo. They all have low budget adjustable shocks .
Anything is a vast improvement over the stock,but the biggest improvements can be made in the front,Thats where the real problem lies as the suspension is so unbalanced. When I rode Sunday on a track with a lot of elevation changes the front forks even though adjusted full stiff were bottoming completely out while the backend sorta behaved as it should.
I would suggest a fork oil change,(10-15weight)and fork springs to start with and go from there unless you just want shock bling.
I'm very pleased with Hyperpro front springs!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts