Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cool. Post your thoughts when you get to ride in non hurricane conditions. The bike looks great. I like the deep armour color, but Canada is getting Red, White, or Grey, so I suppose that's what will happen if it comes to U.S. I will throw down money on the red one as soon as that happens.

One question: What is the round blue thing on the left side right above the real wheel? I cant quite make it out. Thanks.

Was torn between the “deep armour colour” and racing red myself.

Don’t know what system you have there. But here the government charges
Everbody a tax to use the roads on an annual bassis. Currently £78 for bikes
Over 600cc. (so that blue thing lhs above back wheel) Is where we place
The “tax disc” proof you’ve paid the money and you have insurance etc…
Apparently will be discontinued soon (computerised)
The reason its blue…(that’s the dealers logo in there at moment and not the tax disc) I only just found this out. You can ride a new bike without displaying
Road tax for 2 weeks (waiting for the authorities to sort their paperwork out and
Register the bike)

Did make me laugh on ride today…when I rolled off the throttle (not that I’m a
Fast rider these days by any means) you get a little icon come up top rhs
On the superb clocks saying “eco”

Getting colder here over next few days so won't be out for a while

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks for the info on the disc. I traveled in Switzerland once without a tax sticker. I had to dodge the law for a week. Nothing like that over here, just the license plate and registration. I guess it's basically the same thing. Like the Beatles said way back in the day....'I'm the taxman..."

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like the bike XT660, but what kind of a fly screen is that you have mounted in the last picture? Kind of bushy looking, how often do you need to prune it? Mark
LOL...Nice one you boys. Was laughing at the pic as I posted it. Wasn't deliberate but managed to get it dead centre!
Hats off to you for taking the p**s so quickly!! Perhaps Yamaha might use it as a gimmick "A bit like girls do by putting giant eyelashes above their car headlights)

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's always funny how many pictures are taken with a candle, lamp, tree etc. sticking dead center out of someones head, usually so centered that you couldn't do better if you tried. You did a great job and thanks for the laugh..oh and nice bike...Mark

Forgot the most important thing, please give us a detailed ride report when you get a chance to put some miles on it. I like what I've seen so far and am just curious about suspension, engine controls, transmission etc. thanks, Mark

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's always funny how many pictures are taken with a candle, lamp, tree etc. sticking dead center out of someones head, usually so centered that you couldn't do better if you tried. You did a great job and thanks for the laugh..oh and nice bike...Mark

Forgot the most important thing, please give us a detailed ride report when you get a chance to put some miles on it. I like what I've seen so far and am just curious about suspension, engine controls, transmission etc. thanks, Mark
Will do. Still cold and shi$$y here so will be a while.
Hate to big up any company “and I don’t work for Yam”
But I predict this bike is going to be major hit around the world.

It’s the learner/shorty thing…will all love it.
Not sure how a six footer + would get on with it?
Bring on the sun

·
Registered
663 Posts
Prognosticator

MT-07 is what I am waiting for. Might even be a parallel twin (Yamaha has such a new engine), but a smaller triple would be good. Might be a bit less 'animal' than the 09 for those of us with less experience.
Well darn if you weren't right! I went back through all the posts over the past year, and Robodene nailed it early on. The more I look at, and read about the FZ-07, it's what I want. Come on Yamaha! Bring it!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
The more I look at, and read about the FZ-07, it's what I want. Come on Yamaha! Bring it!
I'm happy with my 09 but know some fellows that are holding out with the hopes the 07 comes here. I think with the right price ($6,500ish) the 07 would be another big seller for Yamaha like the 09 is. And if they don't they're stupid.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey Duck, I'm one of those holdouts. I rode my snowmobile 40miles yesterday, so it's not like I'm missing riding season yet. My game plan is to see what happens by June. I'll sacrifice a month of spring riding for the hopes Yamaha makes a move by then.

If I was 20 years younger, I would just jump the "09" but I'm not sure I still possess my cat like reflexes that I once did. I think the "07" would suit me just fine. And I'm one of the guys who likes the style of the FZ-07.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well darn if you weren't right! I went back through all the posts over the past year, and Robodene nailed it early on. The more I look at, and read about the FZ-07, it's what I want. Come on Yamaha! Bring it!
It is the perfect bike for me. Trouble is, I cannot yet get around the 'domestic considerations'!

·
Registered
24 Posts

Apologies for not going thro all the blurb about suspension/drive train blah blah
But please believe me. Everything you have read/you tubed about this bike is
100% correct!
As I’m sure I have already said: I’m coming at this from a 50 year old who is not
Only bordering on a midget but also needs reading glasses to see my car Speedo.
Have owned many second hand bikes of all types in the last 34 years and ridden
Many new demo’s.
Have owned the bike now for 12 days,(my 1st new one) and today was my 1st proper ride out (100 miles +) due to rubbish weather.
It’s just so easy to ride, go round a slow 2nd gear corner in 3rd and you get away with it. Not that I should of done, but you do have to look down to see the clocks and the gear indicator (1st bike ever ridden where I haven’t tried for 7th!) ok I lied the suzy GS850 shaft last century.
In fact the details on the clocks are so clear and large, I found it scarey to spend more
Time than I should of looking at them than where I was going lol.
Done some town riding, traffic etc ( filtering as if on my AP50 in the early 80’s)
Bendy bumpy country roads: You’ll probably pass your mates on their R-1’s..”well
At least you’ll still have some sort of a usable vertabra “
Villages at 30mph: plop plop thro in 4th and enjoy the view.
60 mph roads in 6th: just sit there all day overtaking and not changing.
Motorways/freeways? I live in a part of the world that doesn’t actually have them
(thankfully) but anyway, managed to find a road similar. “ Obviously.. mr plod I was on a private road?”. Obviously in 6th, just cruise and pass. Only got to just over 90
so easily. Was plenty more there if you wanted it.
Right it’s a naked bike with only 2 cylinders. So no surprises to say that it’s rubbish to
Sit there at 100mph for hours, and it sounds like a hair dryer (80 is ok, and I’m getting
Used to the lack of sound)
To sum up: if you like the look of this bike..either take it out for a test ride or buy the flipping thing coz its brilliant!
(apols to you “us” blokes “especially willow” if its not inbound)
Oh finally ….storage space, unless someone can correct me. Took the back seat
Off earlier…. wasn’t enough space to store mothers day card! But loads of tools tho.

And double finally….not going to take anyone on the back, (it justs wrong? That seat?)
Don’t want to be heightest but I felt i was a giant at my 5 foot 6 inch size.
It felt comfortable “just” if you are a giant ,,,,,,,,,test ride the machine 1st

161 - 172 of 172 Posts