Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just picked up my New MT-07 today reading through the handbook I cant seem to find running in instructions.
Just wondering if anybody knew what needs to be done for running them in.
Also if anybody knows when we can get are hands on some of the parts on Yamaha website as still show no prices
Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey Dan, There is a thread on here about break in on the 09. You will see a lot of disagreement on whether it should be done easy or full on crazy. You will have to decide. It's odd that the manual doesn't address the issue. Here are 26 pages of opinions.

http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-general-discussion/1018-break.html

By the way, new bike rule states post a picture or it didn't happen. Actually I just like seeing the pics.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Hey Dan, There is a thread on here about break in on the 09. You will see a lot of disagreement on whether it should be done easy or full on crazy. You will have to decide. It's odd that the manual doesn't address the issue. Here are 26 pages of opinions.

By the way, new bike rule states post a picture or it didn't happen. Actually I just like seeing the pics.
The bike pic is for Bill's personal MT-07 session he's going to have in the tub later. Happiness followed by tears ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found the page in book must have skipped passed cheers.
Will upload photos on Saturday as it was raining when I picked it up and its filthy already.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The only thing I can wrap my head around for break-in is that engine braking = good. Meaning that the more piston ring material that goes out the exhaust instead of into the oil, the better. ... and yes, we like filthy pictures... ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
The only thing I can wrap my head around for break-in is that engine braking = good. Meaning that the more piston ring material that goes out the exhaust instead of into the oil, the better. ... and yes, we like filthy pictures... ;)
I was under the impression that when doing the moto man break in, it was either throttle on or off to help set the rings adequately, keeping partial throttle to a minimum.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey just picked up my New MT-07 today reading through the handbook I cant seem to find running in instructions.
Just wondering if anybody knew what needs to be done for running them in.
Also if anybody knows when we can get are hands on some of the parts on Yamaha website as still show no prices
Thanks
Yep, hurry up with them there pics coz "willows testis" are growing and growing....he needs to release that pressure soon! Anyone know if we can get the
"fly screen" here uk wise? gonna be a mare cleaning between all that stuff at the front

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice... glad you joined the Dark Side lol
BTW nice Mito, what happened? Glad seeing you back on the horns.........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice... glad you joined the Dark Side lol
BTW nice Mito, what happened? Glad seeing you back on the horns.........
Went around a corner and got a bit too much lean for the tyres and it just slipped away.
It then seized a week after so now sits in the garage waiting to be fixxed

·
Registered
224 Posts

its not odd at all, don't you find it archaic that motorcycles still need to be "broken in". Well Yamaha does, and any bike past 2008 I believe, is already "broken in" by Yamaha. I'm sure other manufacturers do this as well.

Well anyways this is all according to UTI in Arizona.
But hey I guess its fun discussing broscience anyways.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
835 Posts
Looks good!

The MT07 has a better seat combo than our FZ09. :(

·
Registered
473 Posts
Wow nice looking bike. Yamaha got the colors right. Forks and fender paint. I wish the fz09 had the split sport type seat you have.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Now I'm confused. The subject jumped around a bit. Dan, did you lay down your MT-07? And did the engine seize on a brand new bike? Say it isn't so. If it is, hope you're ok. I still want one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts