Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Nice.I see MRA has added a bridge across the brackets to address they're flex problem.
I'm still waiting to hear from Twisted Throttle about that fix for my touring screen.
Is the variable spoiler effective?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Nice.I see MRA has added a bridge across the brackets to address they're flex problem.
I'm still waiting to hear from Twisted Throttle about that fix for my touring screen.
Is the variable spoiler effective?

I'm waiting to hear back about mine too - but I've been thinking about making my own mount anyway. It was quieter without the screen. To get my helmet into cleaner air I need to either push it down flatter, or more upright barn door style. If they send us new mounts I'll probably re-bend the existing one to lower and flatten it. I want room to hide my Stebel and a toll tag under it is all.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Speaking of helmets in cleaner air FWIW I have the MRA touring screen,I ride with an Arai XD 3 dual sport helmet w/visor
And have zero issues @ speed.I am amazed that there is no lift on the visor.BTW I am 6'2".

·
Registered
962 Posts
Speaking of helmets in cleaner air FWIW I have the MRA touring screen,I ride with an Arai XD 3 dual sport helmet w/visor
And have zero issues @ speed.I am amazed that there is no lift on the visor.BTW I am 6'2".
I just got the email from Twisted Throttle that the replacement bracket is on it's way.

I'm 6'3" - but we probably have the height in different places, and sit differently on the bike. I sit forward and lean forward over the tank - close to the screen. I wear a Shoei Qwest, and it was very quiet before I added the screen. Maybe I'm just crouching more than I used to - and the angle of the Quest is the culprit. Hmm - like I needed a reason to go for a ride. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yea,just got my email about the brackets also.Looks like all MRA screens are affected.
Yea,you better go for a test ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts