Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Success! The postman just delivered the box with the MRA double bubble windscreen and I took some pictures of it during the install. It was extremely easy to put on and here are some pictures of the process.......

First, the mounting brackets are installed by removing the original screws and placing the mounting plates on the matching hole areas....

Next, the rubber bushing/nuts are placed in the holes of the mounting bracket...outside of the bracket towards the inside of the bracket.....

Windscreen mounted on the bike....

That's it. I haven't taken it for a ride yet....I'm waiting on a Fedex truck to show up with some trailer tires and they need a signature, so I'm stuck at the house until he arrives.

As easy as this installs, I will probably ride the bike without it for shorter rides. Any of my longer days (250 to 400 miles) it will be about a 5 minute job to re-install the windscreen. The mounting brackets can stay on the bike so that during the re-install, all I will have to do is put the windscreen in place, put the 4 screws back in and I'll be ready to go. Easy-peasy!

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I'm not sure about that yet, as I haven't ridden it, but if it does, I'll certainly be looking into a way to brace it for a more solid mount. Thanks Doug..............and remember, no vacation for you! :cool:

·
Registered
657 Posts
That's a good looking screen

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nice looking screen compared to some of the other "large" options out on the market, be sure to post up your impressions after some seat time.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Very similar shape and size from my Puig... you will like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Marthy wrote:
Looking good!
Buck wrote:
That's a good looking screen
mknj671 wrote:
Nice looking screen compared to some of the other "large" options out on the market, be sure to post up your impressions after some seat time.
Thanks guys.....I'm liking the looks of it and hoping it is as functional as I'm hoping for.

And then, Deadduck357 wrote:
I hope you like it cause I think it's ugly.
:pottytrain2: = :duckie:

Sometimes I just crack myself up!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Nice screen, still waiting on Zero Gravity to come through.

Keep your eye on it when its sitting out in the sun. Some of the double-bubble screens seem to focus sunlight on the dash and start melting them away like a magnifying glass.

If i know my bike is gonna be in the sun, I usually throw a rag / shirt over the screen to protect it. Just fyi

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Registered
272 Posts
Looks good I have the 25cm and its helps and looks great but I want a larger one for long rides, let us know how it works. RR:cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts
A good report please mine on order suppose to be here in april will change if i need to. Looking for a little bit bigger screen but still sporty looks like MRA got it. But please be honest i will cancel my order if it doesnt perform well.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I got the MAR Various Touring. Not too happy with it yet. It wavers at speed, and so far it's making the ride too noisy. Adjusting the Various wing doesn't do squat. I really like the look and want to mount my Steel behind it - but I need to either make my own mounts or cut it down ( or both).

·
Registered
473 Posts
Success! The postman just delivered the box with the MRA double bubble windscreen and I took some pictures of it during the install. It was extremely easy to put on and here are some pictures of the process.......

First, the mounting brackets are installed by removing the original screws and placing the mounting plates on the matching hole areas....

Next, the rubber bushing/nuts are placed in the holes of the mounting bracket...outside of the bracket towards the inside of the bracket.....

Windscreen mounted on the bike....

That's it. I haven't taken it for a ride yet....I'm waiting on a Fedex truck to show up with some trailer tires and they need a signature, so I'm stuck at the house until he arrives.

As easy as this installs, I will probably ride the bike without it for shorter rides. Any of my longer days (250 to 400 miles) it will be about a 5 minute job to re-install the windscreen. The mounting brackets can stay on the bike so that during the re-install, all I will have to do is put the windscreen in place, put the 4 screws back in and I'll be ready to go. Easy-peasy!
Is this the touring version? It looks nice. I know they are out of stock again. I do need a screen for this bike.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Looks great! Better than I expected! Any chance of a cockpit shot...after the ride review that is. I may have an hour commute each way if I buy a house in the area I'm looking at so I will need a decent screen.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is this the touring version? It looks nice. I know they are out of stock again. I do need a screen for this bike.
Nope, it's the Double Bubble Race/sport version.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Reactions: triplethreat
1 - 20 of 27 Posts