Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 ·
Just an update - I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2014 Street Triple R. Quite satisfied, I'm really enjoying it so far. Taking it slow, as I need to stay under 5k on the RPMs for the first 300mi. The thing still has insane power, torque through any gear at any time.

I made the decision based on a few things. First, the STR looks so much better in person, and the engine sound is insane. Nothing like what you hear on youtube. Second, I really wanted ABS and a more refined braking and suspension system out of the box. Those few things are what determined my purchase.

Just an update - I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2014 Street Triple R.
Congratulations on your new ride! Although this forum is primarily about the FZ-09, finding the motorcycle that's best for you is the most important result. Ride safely, and please check in and update us on your riding experiences with your Street Triple R.

We are driving through NYC right now. It's covered with potholes and crazy drivers, people crossing everywhere, bicycles riding the wrong way. Stay safe. The Street Triple R is a nice bike.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
We are driving through NYC right now. It's covered with potholes and crazy drivers, people crossing everywhere, bicycles riding the wrong way. Stay safe. The Street Triple R is a nice bike.
Yeah, Manhattan is a mess and Queens/Brooklyn is even worse. Crazy drivers, people everywhere, bikes, taxis etc. All that stuff I'm used to from 4 years of city riding - oddly enough the 'craziness' can become predictable and in NYC you're really anticipating something coming around every corner. It gets mentally tiring but it is an absolute requirement when riding. What I'm not used to are the rim-crushing potholes EVERYWHERE.

Definitely riding safe, damn potholes are front of mind. Going to be another month or two until DOT fixes it all.

Dude...after owning a scooter.....95 hp in B mode is not manageable. Please make me the beneficiary on your insurance policy. I won't have to wait very long for the cash.
I just love the way the "I know best" types come out in this kind of thread.
The OP has a fair amount of experience surviving on two wheels.Controlling a throttle is not what it is all about.It is about observational skills and the ability to make wise decisions in traffic.
The FZ makes 95hp in B mode - so what?You don't actually have to wind the throttle WFO all the time.
Seems not everyone here understands that.

The only difference is power and shifting yourself. This bike is a giant scooter.
Excuse me Sir, but I think you've mistakenly typed in the wrong URL.........this ISN't a scooter forum!

Reactions: Da Braddah
61 - 72 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.