Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hmm it seems your Asian version does not come with colored rims and fork. But you have a bug-screen - Front Cowl and streamlined blinkers, plus did you added the Yamaha tank pad? BTW how was your first ride on it? Any issues with the long gears, or soft suspensions? Let us know... ;-)

Cheers,
Gerhard

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I added the Yamaha bug-screen and tank pad.
and I will add Yamaha genuine engine protector.

I had No issues of this long riding.
but I had noticed low quality rear shock.
it was not good shock absorption.

and I got the front brake lever complaints.
it seems like the Suzuki stock levers feeling. (but braking force is good enough.)
now I have to consider of replaced the Yamaha R1/R6 master cylinder.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The rear seat bag looks like it works very well. It might be worthwhile to bleed the front brakes if the feel is a bit off.. maybe there was some air left from the factory, you never know. The stock front brake feel on mine is very good compared to the older bikes I've been driving, but I admit... I am used to mushy brakes, which is why I decided to splurge on steel braided lines for my FZ.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Here is a method to firm up the brakes
Link to bandit ABS de-airing

I see the bag is strapped to the seat, not the frame. I like to use a bike cover at work (sun protection) and have been looking for an alternative to the bungee nets I currently use. There isn't a place for a net on this bike - well not one that won't scratch up the paint or plastic.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here is a method to firm up the brakes
Link to bandit ABS de-airing

I see the bag is strapped to the seat, not the frame. I like to use a bike cover at work (sun protection) and have been looking for an alternative to the bungee nets I currently use. There isn't a place for a net on this bike - well not one that won't scratch up the paint or plastic.
thanks to link, I will consider it.

yes. this bag is strapped to the seat.
there is no fuse box and wiring under the seat.
I was placed in the remain string at toolbox of under the seat. it's good fits. tight and not waver.
and it's never scratched that frame and plastic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts