Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's late notice but I am riding up Mt. Lemmon tomorrow AM. Thinking of leaving around 8:30. All are welcome.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw this too late. I'd have gone if you could have waited until about 11. Maybe next time.
Ahhh. All good buddy. I was hoping you would have seen it. Another FZ buddy and my friend with his Daytona 675 made the journey. 9 cylinders of fun!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Ahhh. All good buddy. I was hoping you would have seen it. Another FZ buddy and my friend with his Daytona 675 made the journey. 9 cylinders of fun!

I also saw this way too late. How much slow traffic did you have to put up with? The last few times I rode there it was an exercise in frustration. After that I quit trying to ride there.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also saw this way too late. How much slow traffic did you have to put up with? The last few times I rode there it was an exercise in frustration. After that I quit trying to ride there.
Well at the gas station when we filled up, a couple Ducati riders let us know that there were a pair of bike cops patrolling. On the way up it was a pretty boring ride but on the way down they passed us heading up when we had just started going down. Let's just say I had a lot of fun on the way down.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I typically avoid the mountain on weekends. I work 11pm to 7am currently so I'll sometimes head up there after work during the week. There's only a few cars, but lots of bicyclists.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can anyone identify this bike?

I swear it says 1198 Panigale and I remember it saying that on the fairing but every picture I look up it just has 1198 on the fairing and doesn't have the red white and green stripes on there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I went up yesterday morning.
If you haven't been up there in a week or two take it easy. The road maintenance crews have been up there sealing cracks again so there's a few spots that are riddled with new tar snakes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
yea me an a buddy went up there early morning on the forth and stopped on the side for a quick minute and my shoe was actually starting to stick in one of the spots where there was recent tar

1 - 12 of 12 Posts