Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
As requested, just for you I translate the entire video, have fun to read it. Sorry for the form I tried to translate there expressions also.

At Yamaha we knew his MT01 and it`s big 2 cylinder and the mt03 with his one cylinder, then there is the mt09 , brand new roadster from yamaha.This bike come in a very popular market, mid-size roadster. mid-size superior let say because it`s 850cc. It show up a brand new motor, Inline 3 cylinder like the Triumph Street Triple 675 who just very popular in some country in europe like France. The MT09 is really a brand new motorcycle as it didn't use any parts from other bike of the Yamaha selection. It figured a brand new motor, an Inline 3 cylinder name CP3 by Yamaha. Lightly lean forward to help getting the gravity point low. It used the technology named Crossplane inaugurated on the Yamaha R1, with a 120degrees crank pin setup with a difference on the firing point. Really modern, water cooled, injected for sure. It use the RideByWire, associated with 3 injection map. Standard, A more sportive, B softer. A brand new frame, all aluminium made by pressure, who`s by it`s shape is used to get the gravity point lower. Brand new swing arm all aluminium also. Really particular frame shape because yamaha want to tighten the frame around the rear suspension and the swing arm to get a motorcycle really compact and narrow at the inseam to facilitate mid-size people to get their feet totally flat on the ground. It`s a succeed. The rear suspension is placed horizontally and work with a turnbuckle almost new for brand Yamaha. Front suspension more classic, a inverted fork, you can set preload and damping. Also with radial mount brake and soon it will have ABS. The bike present brand new control button, really easy to manipulate unless on left side button, turn signal and honk are really small so with winter glove it can be hard to use. Brake lever is adjustable, this is pretty good. A new dashboard is presented, really original, offset compare with the handlebar. Got about every info we need, gear indicator, fuel gauge, many trips, motor temp, outside temp, so everything we need, it easy to read, it`s nice.

So we dit about 300kms on the road of Croatia, in Croatia the sight are beautiful but the road stickiness is really random. We can discover a really big potential of this MT-09. IT distinguish from the other bike of the market, by it`s look but also by the riding position, between a roadster and an sm. With handlebar not too large, we get the impressions of getting seated on the rear of the bike. Really easy to get used to and directly we see that the motor is full of torque low and mid rpm, as promised. On response we feel it directly on the arm , and we can pass other easily in 6th at low rpm. But the motor distinguish itself from the Triumph or the Benelli and his 3 cylinders because it doesn't whistle, don`t have the same air box snore. Rev the rpm is a lil bit different so it`s definitely a 3 cylinder but it`s not the same motors as the others in production. The frame is definitely a well-made, yamaha target agility, the bike easy-to-get used to. Really agile in small turn, it`s really good. We got a fun bike to ride and we got suspension travel a little bit long, so it`s versatile on slick road. It get tight on road and small turn and it stay safe on bump and uneven pavement, link are well made.

The little itching point we found so far, throttle response is a little bit touchy, the brake is hard to manage as it`s too brutal, fork getting down a little bit too much maybe there is some work to do on this side. globally this MT09 is a rock in the pool of mid-size and big size roadster, because for 8000 euro, it offer a real potential and competitor can start to shake.

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
Thanks for the translation.....sounds like a very good review overall.

·
Registered
127 Posts
No! I did it all by myself, just don`t wanna pass too much time to be sure everything is okay. The main purpose was only to be understandable. Yes I`m a French-Canadian but I do work and live in English for most of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts