1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
good review for Nick and Flashtune

·
Registered
377 Posts
Then it was off to the Santa Monica Mountains for some actual testing. I took the Pacific Coast Highway north and dove inland at Latigo Canyon Road, the area’s twistiest and most challenging route. When I emerged at the top, I was smiling! This latest ECU reflash makes throttle response a lot smoother (I even switched over to the more aggressive “A” engine mode), and the chassis is finally up to handling what that fantastic 847cc triple dishes out. With appropriate springs and damping, the FZ-09’s fore/aft movements on the brakes and gas are more controlled and less severe, and in corners the bike is more stable and tracks well, though there is some vagueness to the front end at full lean that I’ll work to tune out. The FZ-09 is a bucking bronco no more!

The bike’s day-to-day street manners are better as well. Throttle response is completely civil around town, and while the suspension is decidedly firm, it’s not stiff. In fact, it’s smoother over hard-edged bumps than the stock stuff was. That’s what the right combination of springs and damping will get you.

With the throttle and suspension behaving properly, I’m beginning to experience the fun and performance that I knew this bike could offer.

almost exactly my impressions, and the only difference is I have the re-mapped stock flash, and haven't noticed the vagueness when leaned over but I got the triple rear.

Honestly it's a completely different bike with the stoltec/penske suspension. (I don't have that cool stoltec tuned sticker, however)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts