Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't think of a better place to put this. I was looking for something to lift the bike off the ground and had seen this thread http://www.yamahafz09.com/forum/32-yamaha-fz-09-guides-how-s/913-home-made-centerstand.html but the diagram was a little too confusing for me to build an I don't have enough skills or the hardware to build it. So I found these options for buying one. What are everyone's opinions on them? Do you know of a better one that costs less than $200?

800 Lb. Low Lift Transmission Jack I was thinking about his one first because it holds more and costs less and I was thinking I could find a way to make the lifting portion wider to be more stable and if necessary I could cut off the tabs on the corners to fit the bike.

Or this one because its table is wider but its capacity is less. 500 lb. Capacity Hydraulic Table Cart

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did I NOT see that? lol goes to show how much I was paying attention...your welcome for the lead and a big thanks to you!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
It would take work to get a 09 stable on those, why aren't you going with a regular spooled swing arm stand, maybe a front too?

The Pit Bull rear and Woodcraft front combination is bit out of your price range but there are pairs in your range. Will you be changing your shock? Do you have a place you can lift from above?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Those are good finds but i think if you are using it to change your oil not so much i do not believe you would get to the oil drain plug? If price is a problem i recommend the PSR bike lifts i paid about $100 for the pair. If i were doing track days and lifting the bike more often i would have bought a pit bull but the PSR is just fine for me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Question... is it not possible to lift the 09 with a traditional motorcycle floor jack from underneath the exhaust?

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I would not want to risk lifting the bike from the exhaust. Just get some new pins for the pegs, flip them upside down, lift the rear, put stands under the pegs and let it down onto the stands. Works like a champ.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Question... is it not possible to lift the 09 with a traditional motorcycle floor jack from underneath the exhaust?
I lift mine with a regular roll around floor jack with a piece of board between it and the cat/exhaust. Then I flip the pegs and lower them onto regular floor stands. Once that is done, I lift the front with the same jack and rest the front sliders on another set of floor stands. All of the bike is in the air now.
It is very stable this way, and you can work on all of the bike now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts