Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
MRA has an FZ09 specific version for sale on their website. Twisted Throttle should have it available in a few weeks. It uses the 4 bolts on top of the headlight instead of handlebar arms. I think it's worth the wait.

View attachment 1636

https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/...mral=1&type=(4133,19,0)&form=(176,20,0)&spr=D
That looks like what i'm looking for...mainly because i do a lot of commuting at 65+ it doesn't seem to take away from the naked ness too much! But i am also tempted to get the factory solid one when i want the bike to look less like a touring bike

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem I see is that it's sits too straight up and you will get a lot of turbulence, as its to rar away from the rider

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
The problem I see is that it's sits too straight up and you will get a lot of turbulence, as its to rar away from the rider
You sound like you experiment and learn a lot on the FZ6R...LOL That bike stock screen was so bad! The 22" I did was a killer for long trip but was a bit too much for cruising around town. So I end up getting the Puig Touring screen. I'm not getting on the screen program this time... I'll be waiting to see what's up this time.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You sound like you experiment and learn a lot on the FZ6R...LOL That bike stock screen was so bad! The 22" I did was a killer for long trip but was a bit too much for cruising around town. So I end up getting the Puig Touring screen. I'm not getting on the screen program this time... I'll be waiting to see what's up this time.
Wife hated the 6r on the highway without a windshield , even the rd400 has one , and a backrest , yup keeps her on the back during wheelies
even the wing shield can cause turbulence , u just want to get the air to go over your head

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Wife hated the 6r on the highway without a windshield , even the rd400 has one , and a backrest , yup keeps her on the back during wheelies
even the wing shield can cause turbulence , u just want to get the air to go over your head
I agree. Need to go big or not at all. To be honest my wife enjoy the 09 better... less turbulance and smoother air flow. But she can stand the seat for more then about 1/2 hr. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got guff on the 6r for only doing the front part of the seat . Not this time

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm getting my wife her own bike.

Reactions: DNFDOUG and v2Bob

·
Registered
978 Posts
If the screen only attaches to the 4 front bolts it is going to bend the shroud, probably break it at 100+ speeds. I made my own mounts and started with that idea but it was weak as heck.
IMG527.jpg ... IMG509.jpg ... IMG525.jpg
IMG528.jpg ... IMG518.jpg
With the under braces it is now rock solid.
Hell of a job getting those bends just right to miss everything and line up with proper holes though.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the screen only attaches to the 4 front bolts it is going to bend the shroud, probably break it at 100+ speeds. I made my own mounts and started with that idea but it was weak as heck.
View attachment 1851 ... View attachment 1852 ... View attachment 1855
View attachment 1853 ... View attachment 1854
With the under braces it is now rock solid.
Hell of a job getting those bends just right to miss everything and line up with proper holes though.
Looking great the only thing I can see is u may end up tilting it back some for the best air flow, and the least turbulence

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Good work, don't you love it when you are not satisfied with something and you keep thinking up ways to make it work and it comes to you. I am still trying to come up with a clean tight mounting system for my driving lights. I may never come up with something that I can live with. Your fabrication is top notch.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thanks for the kudos!

BTW, until I just checked I did not realize that one pic had my front turn signals in it. If anyone is interested I got them from Cycle Gear, I believe they were actually labeled to fit an R6. The shape and size are almost a perfect fit.
I am currently working on the rear end.

The angle is 35-36 degrees. I got that angle from measuring the shield on another bike. Yup I may have to bend the support rods some more but need some good riding weather to find out. The height is adjustable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts