Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy some new gloves and would like to ask you'r opinion? I want something that will smooth the vibration and numbness.
I stopped off at a Ducati dealer and was blown away at some of the prices! $350.00 for gloves???:mad::confused:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I just ordered a pair of Alpinstars GP Pro gloves from Revzilla last week $239.95 they're a little pricey but should protect well and last me a long while. The best feature is the pinky finger is bridged to the finger next to it providing good pinky protection.

Alpinestars GP Pro Gloves - RevZilla

Glove Black Personal protective equipment Sports gear Fashion accessory

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I wonder if your hand trouble is the angle of your wrists pinching a nerve, or even at your shoulders etc. How long were you on the bike when the trouble started?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Imo Scorpion gloves offer great protection for much less than other brands.

I have the sgs short gloves and the Guardian gauntlet gloves. They are both awesome and both sub a hundo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have the Scorpion KLAW II gloves. The cold weather is not a huge issue in So Cal where I live. These gloves are not very warm. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Its tough and very subjective, I always go local and try them on, get a feel by gripping for ex. the rod on a clothing rack.
For the feel I preferred a Goat - Kangaroo leather palm, and please remember its the first and last item you touch.. don't pinch a penny on Gloves.
I am a fan of HELD gloves.. but I have others as well, MG has some closeouts depending on your size.

Let us know..

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ditto what Devil says. I think gloves are the most important part of my riding gear so I advise taking time in a store with a good selection. Put some on and if they feel right, keep them on for a while to make sure. My last two pair have been Dainese carbon covers. About 120 a pair and they last about a year. But everyone's hands are different and what one person recommends may not fit you. Loose is bad. Too tight is worse.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Greatest advice I can offer is to CALL Jason at sport bike track gear. He can get you some great prices on everything there. He really helped me out when I ordered gear a couple years back.

Reactions: DNFDOUG

·
Registered
364 Posts
I can recommend Dainese Druid ST at $200. The palms are goat skin and good protection without going full race.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
I took my Scorpion claw II gloves back to where I bought them. The velcro does not stay closed. Gloves are only 45 days old. The dealer will send back to Scorpion for warranty.
I needed some gloves in the mean time so I got lightweight Alpine stars that should work for summer.. Orange!

·
Registered
337 Posts
In the summer I still wear my old track gloves from Heroic, they lowered the price now and stopped using stringray on the new ones because it scratches paint if you are not careful but they are top notch.

HRA Race Gloves

·
Registered
2,330 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
After a good dose of frostbite in the 80's.. my throttle hand always goes numb.. wish there was a decent cruise control! :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Just going to toss in my 2 cents.

When I was hit by a car, flew over the handlebars, and rolled down the road... I was wearing gloves with hard knuckle plates. While rolling down the road, with every rotation of my body the back of my hand was violently slapping the asphalt (granted, I should have tucked my arms in and held them against my body... but no one taught me about how to minimize injury during a crash until I started going to track days)

ANYWAYS...

Those damn plates totally ****ed up my right hand.

I wear gloves that have knuckle padding now... no plates.

Helimot Buffalo Pro gloves are what I've worn for that past 7 years or so.

...and there's a reason that none of the gloves that he makes have hard plates...

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
For years I rode with motocross gloves. I am big on feel, but I started to worry about protection. I had some Joe Rocket that did not hold up well. I just purchased several pairs of gloves not long ago, and Icon Overlord most recently. I am getting used to them.

Icon Overlord Resistance Gloves - RevZilla

Another recent pair of gloves that I love and work on touch screens. REV'IT! Hybrid WSP Gloves

REV'IT! Hybrid WSP Gloves - RevZilla

1 - 20 of 23 Posts