1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
The best comparison test I've seen. Very fair. Like how the 09 peak horsepower is made at lower RPMs than the MV and Speed Trip. The 09 has more torque than the 800 Brutale and Street Trip also at lower RPMs. And the 09 beats all of them by at least 4.2 MPG.

Good find Tog.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The best comparison test I've seen. Very fair. Like how the 09 peak horsepower is made at lower RPMs than the MV and Speed Trip. The 09 has more torque than the 800 Brutale and Street Trip also at lower RPMs. And the 09 beats all of them by at least 4.2 MPG.

Good find Tog.
Very good find! I've been wondering how the speed triple compares. It has a very significant power advantage . A friend of mine had a speed and i couldn't believe how insanely powerful that bike is and not to mention good looking. I like the twin google eyes of the older model better than the current infiniti eyes though. I hope they make a larger displacement version of the yamaha engine and put it in a new R1.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, lets see. Spend $925 for a Penske shock and $84 for fork springs to solve the suspension problems. Then spend, what, lets say $300 for the Flash Tune of the ECU. Now the FZ-09 will beat the Street Triple with ~$700 leftover to spend on other things. Put on a Marthy exhaust while skipping the Flash Tune and you will leave the Speed Triple in the dust. Lets call that bike the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum model.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
So, lets see. Spend $925 for a Penske shock and $84 for fork springs to solve the suspension problems. Then spend, what, lets say $300 for the Flash Tune of the ECU. Now the FZ-09 will beat the Street Triple with ~$700 leftover to spend on other things. Put on a Marthy exhaust while skipping the Flash Tune and you will leave the Speed Triple in the dust. Lets call that bike the Yamaha FZ-09 Forum model.
Look like you made your wish list for Christmas! LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Good comparison... and I can see where those power wheelies are coming from: the final ramp in the torque curve (if we can call it a curve) and the noticeable arch in horsepower come together between 7500 and 8500... what a sweet spot! I hate winter... :sad:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I do believe a lot of reviewers miss the point of this bike. Low price point gets you the bike, money saved gets you the perfect bike. I'm sure yamaha has built a cult classic here, and an engine that they can use for the next 20 years.

Reactions: Mothy

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xyeahthat_gif_pagespeed_ic_4bULqZtmEU.png

Yep

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
One thing I dont get, is they said the FZ has two ride modes that don't work....what are they talking about?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I love my fz09 but I do like the looks of the triumph but I am happy with my choice, plenty of bike for me. Just cannot wait to start modding it, I am still modding my GROM. $$$$$

1 - 11 of 11 Posts