Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to order afew parts from motomummy but i have never used them before.How is the customer service and are they a reputable
online dealer??

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is good to know! Most places will price match but no advantage if motomummy has things cheaper and quality service!!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Had a good experience with Motomummy.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
The following site is only as good as the users make it by providing feedback on their experiences, but it's one I try to go to first with questions like the OP asked here. It provides feedback on all sites that have a been added and is searchable. It isn't limited to sites either. It can be stores, ebay sellers, even products. Pass it on, because more users will make it that much stronger and valuable for everybody.

Consumer Reviews of Online Businesses - SiteJabber

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have used them multiple times, and only had one problem. They waited to tell me a part was back ordered/out of stock AFTER I already placed my order. So if you have something you are really looking forward to maybe call ahead and make sure they have it. Only happened once, will most certainly be using them whenever I need parts.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have used them multiple times, and only had one problem. They waited to tell me a part was back ordered/out of stock AFTER I already placed my order. So if you have something you are really looking forward to maybe call ahead and make sure they have it. Only happened once, will most certainly be using them whenever I need parts.
Had this happen with my lever order. Was bummed when I got the email saying it'd be 2-3 weeks. However 2 days later I got a ship notification. Overall, I would use them again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 5 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
I will not being doing business with them again.
They are jerking me around w/ a return process that THEY screwed up to begin with. I ordered the Akra carbon pipe from them and they sent me the Ti version. Nice (?), but it's not what I wanted. Also, at no time did they say the carbon was not in stock. As with some levers I ordered from them, they let you order it, THEN tell you "it will be 2-3 weeks because it's on back order." I reminded them they already cashed my funds and their excuse is "that's PayPal's policy." Excuse me? Is it PayPal's policy that you advertise items that are not in stock and then accept the customer's cash anyway? How about letting customers know ahead of time that an item is on backorder before letting them pay for it? Because they know exactly what they are doing: get the money, no matter what, then make customers wait. After all, it's the money that matters, right?
They then send me an email with a FedEx return shipping label and say return the part, postage paid. I ask if they have the carbon that I wanted in stock and I'll return the Ti when/if they do. They inform me they have plenty of them now, so I return the Ti today and let them know I did so they can send me what I ordered. AFTER I do this, and informed them I returned it, they send me an email saying I need to get a "RMA" first. Well, guess what? That's not what their email said. Anyway, it looks like they did authorize an "RMA" in their recent emails and I sent that to them.
Once again, vendors who jerk me around will not be getting additional business. I'm getting multiple emails from different people, who don't seem to be coordinating their efforts. I want to remind them that THEY are the ones who screwed up my order, and now I feel like I'm getting jerked around. Way to go!
I'm finding fewer American businesses that operate under the idea that integrity, not profit, comes first. It seems more and more businesses operate with a "bottom line" mentality than actually treating customers with actual customer service. Yes, you're in business to make money. How you make it defines your reputation, and eventually your profit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ordered several things from motomummy and each time it was a total non-event in the best way possible. Very happy with them.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Just received a pair of tires from MotoMummy. It took three days Texas to NorCal. + + +

·
Registered
77 Posts
Never EVER had a bad experience with these guys. Free 2 day shipping doesn't hurt either.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts