Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
just drove my bike for a last spin to where it is gonna nap this winter.

got a Ctek CT5 powersportto keep the battery fresh after i give the bike a afterseason wash and ACF 50 treatment.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
During my Air Force years I spent a year in central Indiana. Never did snow that much but I still remember two ice storms that shut everything down for days. This Florida boy suffered terribly until they told me I was being transferred to California.

·
Super Moderator
5,631 Posts
I love pictures of the snow, and how beautiful it is....but that is where my love stops. I hate dealing with it, I hate cold, and pretty much I'd be OK never being in it again....unless ask I had to do was stay inside and just look at it.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought you southern boys might be rubbing salt in the wound ;-)

Seriously, I’m fine with winter. Retired means rarely having to drive in it until the roads are cleared off and rarely during any of the storms. We cross country ski and snowshoe. We also work out at the “Y” 3 days/week to counter sitting out the winter. And, you can’t beat a White Christmas. Of course, it would be nice if the season was a couple of months shorter.

2-5” expected tonight. Good thing my rubber hunting boots are knee high. I also have battery powered heated glove liners to keep the cold shotgun from freezing my fingertips.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I love winter, even though it means significantly less riding. The snow is beautiful and we don't get enough of it to be terribly inconvenienced (unless you want to be and visit Tahoe a few miles up the hill)

·
Registered
4,472 Posts
October in Wisconsin. Enjoy your summer Lou.

View attachment 157090
Sorry, I missed this with off topic being buried so far away.
I will thanks. So far the new house is much warmer, the nights are warmer, but it's much windier than I expected. It's the equinoctial winds at the moment. We had some really warm days lately, and I'd forgotten that when it's warm up north it's warm everywhere, no cooler areas in the hills like down south. I damn near cooked.
I'm enjoying riding much more. The roads are better, and busier, but there's plenty of back roads to use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts