Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Some guys have installed clubman's bars and seem to be happy about it.

For the rest I would leave it as is and maybe get used to it, custom seat if needed after.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I saw the Clubman's, but honestly don't like the look. Waiting to see what the Woodcraft setup looks like. Wonder if there are any clip-ons that would fit on the forks if they were raised up?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
There are a slew of different handlebars available but nothing as aggressive as the clubmans - at least that i have seen.

Here is a good thread already on various handlebar options -
http://www.fz09.org/forum/6-fz-09-general-discussion/915-handlebar-size.html#post13886

Here is the thread on the woodcrafts (it's cool that they provide 2 different positions - one more upright vs. one more aggressive)

http://www.fz09.org/forum/13-fz-09-gear-accessories/4783-woodcraft-clip-ons-adapter-plate.html

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I made these after trying the low protapers and not feeling much improvement over stock. So far I really like the fit, but they are not plug and play. I had to use a radial MC And still need to mount my gauge. If you are like me, 6'2", long arms, 2" down and 2" forward makes a world of difference when riding aggressively and I don't think any less comfortable when cruising.

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
987 Posts
I made these after trying the low protapers and not feeling much improvement over stock. So far I really like the fit, but they are not plug and play. I had to use a radial MC And still need to mount my gauge. If you are like me, 6'2", long arms, 2" down and 2" forward makes a world of difference when riding aggressively and I don't think any less comfortable when cruising.

View attachment 13816

View attachment 13817
I bet you'd sell a few of these if you made more. I'd want one if the price was right.

·
Registered
654 Posts
have you tried flipping the stock bars upside down and rotating them to the desired riding position?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would love to make them available . However, the powers that be have made it clear that I am not to supply my FZ-09 brethren with practical modifications (or even decals) unless I become a vendor. Unfortunately I don't have the time to produce motorcycle related items in enough volume to justify that monthly fee right now. That being said, I am making another set for myself with some slight changes and anodizing, that would be the time to run a few more. Maybe I'll re evaluate vendor status then depending on interest (which we are not supposed to talk about). Vicious cycle... ?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah that might work. I plan on lowering the front end a bit, so I'll have to see about clearance. Wonder if those would leave enough room between the grips and the tank at full lock?
I can tell you that the Carmichael Pro a Taper bar clears the tank fine, rotated to as flat as possible. The thing you will gain with clip on bars, is how far forward they are as well. That is where I think you would get the room for clearance.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I would love to make them available . However, the powers that be have made it clear that I am not to supply my FZ-09 brethren with practical modifications (or even decals) unless I become a vendor. Unfortunately I don't have the time to produce motorcycle related items in enough volume to justify that monthly fee right now. That being said, I am making another set for myself with some slight changes and anodizing, that would be the time to run a few more. Maybe I'll re evaluate vendor status then depending on interest (which we are not supposed to talk about). Vicious cycle... ?
Seriously? Is it here that's preventing you from doing that? Or someone else?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you want to go down 4 inches and back 5 inches?
Final measurements are not set in stone, but I do want to be leaned a lot more over and tucked. I prefer to feel as if I'm one with the bike, probably just want I'm used too from riding super sports. I love the feel of The Ducati basically.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Damn, perhaps an R6 might be better suited to what you want? I did the clubmans but they're still a few inches above the level of the top of the forks, especially with the GPR damper which adds about 3/4". Mounting some clip ons lower on the fork and more forward might be a bit tougher, I know I had an issue with the brake lines being bent a weird angle and had to get a custom line made to accommodate the radial master and lower bars.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts