Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deadduck I know after I posted the link I went to look at more items and the site wasn't complete yet. So for that I apologize, I guess I just got trigger happy for a second. I'm getting more and more excited everyday.

·
Registered
555 Posts
well today I contacted by email, the dealer I left a 100 deposit with and tried to nail down the out the door price since I had one dealer quote me 9k. Well they never emailed me back so I called him at 4pm. He was working on it right then (how nice). He said 9,990.00 so let me see, 599.25 is for tax (calif 7.5% for my county). 590.00 shipping, 390.00 to take it out of the box and assemble what? the bars, controls (that's all the Honda CTX had to have assembled). so now that is 9569.25 so that leaves 420.75 for what ? License, doc fees... and whatever other bull shit I am paying for.... Feel like I am having sex in a bad way.

His comment when I told him I had a quote of 9k was, Do they have any? My reply, no, but you don't either. He said he would work with me and see what they could do. I will keep the forum posted. He did say they had red ones on order.

I could easily wait a month for a grand difference.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
well today I contacted by email, the dealer I left a 100 deposit with and tried to nail down the out the door price since I had one dealer quote me 9k. Well they never emailed me back so I called him at 4pm. He was working on it right then (how nice). He said 9,990.00 so let me see, 599.25 is for tax (calif 7.5% for my county). 590.00 shipping, 390.00 to take it out of the box and assemble what? the bars, controls (that's all the Honda CTX had to have assembled). so now that is 9569.25 so that leaves 420.75 for what ? License, doc fees... and whatever other bull shit I am paying for.... Feel like I am having sex in a bad way.

His comment when I told him I had a quote of 9k was, Do they have any? My reply, no, but you don't either. He said he would work with me and see what they could do. I will keep the forum posted. He did say they had red ones on order.

I could easily wait a month for a grand difference.
Go somewhere else. That's crazy, he's just trying to screw you. I'm getting one for $8,4xx OTD. You can get a better deal and let him sell to some other DA or keep it on their showroom floor.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Go somewhere else. That's crazy, he's just trying to screw you. I'm getting one for $8,4xx OTD. You can get a better deal and let him sell to some other DA or keep it on their showroom floor.
Like I said, I was feeling like we were having sex. I will give him 1 chance to come very close or I will start over with the 9k dealer. The riding season will be slimming down pretty soon so why be in a big hurry if it only costs me lots more money. I still have to sit on it and see how it fits me before committing so will do that at least before I pull the plug if they don't deal. the 84xx OTD (great price) must not have as much tax or license fees as we lucky California riders get to contribute...(fu Calif). The economy is not that great for bikes buyers (just look at all the deals on Craig's list). So maybe once they sit on the floor for a week or so they might get more hungry.

I have the luxury of time and money but I am a pretty cheap bastard when it comes to my bikes (my toys as my wife calls them, and she is right of course dear).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts