Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found another site for a number of MT/FZ-09 Components; Mainly Luggage. Interesting to see that they have a center-stand listed

Site: MT-09

Example Photo:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Center stands, something I used in the '70s but don't miss now, I'm glad the 09 didn't come with one.

But they are handy when traveling, and I know some people like them, so cool if there is a good one on the market. Didn't see a photo in that link, will be interesting to see how they do it with the stock pipe etc.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Center stand?? That looks like wishful thinking to me.
There is no-where to bolt one on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like the Crash Bars . . . The guys I ride with will take their bikes everywhere . . . Better to be safe . . . Than sorry:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Don't expect the Centre Stands to show up. Their webmaster made a mistake in propagating the page - it's just info copied from another bike. Note how it states "Mounts to OEM points on the frame (same as Yamaha stand)". Look at other bikes and you'll see the exact same verbage... I'd happily mount a centerstand and remove the side stand. They are heavier - but I trust them to hold my bike up better...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Center stand?? That looks like wishful thinking to me.
There is no-where to bolt one on.
Agreed, there would have to be some seriously hideous bracket to add a center stand to this bike.
Don't expect the Centre Stands to show up. Their webmaster made a mistake in propagating the page - it's just info copied from another bike. Note how it states "Mounts to OEM points on the frame (same as Yamaha stand)". Look at other bikes and you'll see the exact same verbage... I'd happily mount a centerstand and remove the side stand. They are heavier - but I trust them to hold my bike up better...
Well naysayers :p

The center-stand still says "Pre-order" but the link to the installation instructions now works: http://motorrad.hepco-becker.de/Montageanleitungen/5054536.pdf

I'd like to see some more photos but it is good to know that it is possible!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
i wouldnt take the plunge on the center stand but am i the only one that thinks the included kick stand sucks? It's way too upright and doesnt come out far enough - i had to catch the bike from falling over just checking my damn tire pressure the other day - if it wasn't so light - it would have gone all the way over. I guess i should use my rear stand as much as possible or maybe i'm just an idiot but come on now.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Not had a problem with the side stand. But then I use the rear stand whenever I am doing any sort of maintenance.

·
Registered
663 Posts
That center stand is some clever German engineering. I have a center stand on the old CB750. The bad thing is the bike is so heavy, it's nearly a two man job to yank it up on the thing.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I really like the crash guards- Was wondering if I can get a rotopax to fit on them- then it will be perfect for remote getaways!
I like the convenience of center stands and the solution does not seem that bad/ugly.
I want to see their version of the sump guard- SW has one out now and it looks pretty decent- though I would prefer more coverage up top as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I kinda like how the crash bars look. Does anyone else like the look? What about in blue?

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Does anyone else like the look of the crash guards? I might get them and paint them blue, but not if people think it looks ugly

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey Skoot,

The decked out bike almost looks like an adventure touring bike. A little more aggressive tire, and it would be there. Interesting,.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
354 Posts
Did anyone else notice? Click on the site then click on the picture of the side carrier that looks like a pretty aggressive tire on the rear.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Center stands, something I used in the '70s but don't miss now, I'm glad the 09 didn't come with one.

But they are handy when traveling, and I know some people like them, so cool if there is a good one on the market. Didn't see a photo in that link, will be interesting to see how they do it with the stock pipe etc.
They have detailed PDF installation instructions on that website in different languages. I wouldn't have the center stand either. Especially after all the money invested with Pit Bull race stand. Those center stands are heavy!

·
Registered
206 Posts
looks like these guys will carry it.
yes the c.stand is kinda ugly, but it will work a treat for those travelling solo, on longer trips.
god knows it could have come in handy on my California trip

FZ09

amotostuff.com looks like they are gearing up to have stuff available for the fz....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts