Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am now a Yami fan - here is my prediction for today's race:

1. Bradley Smith - first win. Later it will be discovered he was using and FZ-09 motor.:)
2. Marky Markez. Loses epic battle with fz-09 pilot Smith.
3. Rossi. Lightning start with multiple passes on lap 1

But seriously, it should be an interesting race with all the rules changes. The factories will be very pissed if the harder tires keep them mid pack.

I got the streaming package from Dorna and will be watching with a frosty brew on the big screen...

Any other predictions?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
No predictions here but happy as I can be to see the start of the GP season again. Marquez will be tough to be for sure, as the reining MotoGP champ, but this year will/should be an exciting one.

·
Registered
957 Posts
After Rossi took the lead from Marquez in lap 5 or 6 (I forget which) the announcer commented that because Marquez was running a harder compound rear tire it would be interesting to see whether or not Rossi could maintain the lead after 10 laps. Sure enough, 11 laps in, Marquez took the lead back and pretty much maintained it until the final 3 laps when a short but pretty intense duel started between the two. But ultimately I think that announcer had it right. Marquez's tires were in better shape by then so his limits were higher in how far he could push the bike.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, great race to start - looks like the new rules will change things up. I wish Hayden would have passed the ducatis though. Epic wreck from J-Lo...it would have been great to see him, rossi and marqez dice it up.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I recently watched Faster and Fastest. Continues to blow my mind that these guys race, and win with serious injuries like Marquez today.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I could not have predicted the race after seeing practice and qualifying time sheets, and it turned out to be epic.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Great first race but I sure hate the way Fox scrolls all kinds of bullshit across the bottom the screen!
Yeah, or like when Rossi was just starting his first pass on Marquez they cut to a shot of the crew jumping up and down and when we go back the pass was made already, geesh!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Rossi already has so many wins that I can't really root for him getting more, but it's fun to see him in contention, exciting passing etc. So good to see that he seems to have his mojo back and is on a good bike.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, or like when Rossi was just starting his first pass on Marquez they cut to a shot of the crew jumping up and down and when we go back the pass was made already, geesh!
Agreed, this is why I spend the money for the straight Euro feed.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I could not have predicted the race after seeing practice and qualifying time sheets, and it turned out to be epic.
Definitely epic. I taped and it went back to see Rossi's face when he pulled into parc ferme. Man he was flat wore out. He looked like he just crawled from a train wreck to safety. What a great race. Now I hope Rossi will start a better fitness program because if he does...this whole season will be awesome. Congrats to Marc. Did I mention that Ducati's suck...??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Awesome race! Good to see some battles up front again. Hopefully Yamaha can find a few of those missing horses and get back on the top step. Would have been interesting to see Lorenzo stay in the race to see what he would have had at the end. Now on to Austin (I will be there in the Ducati section), which is a Honda circuit. Might be a long weekend for anyone on a non-Honda.

Then again, the new rules have mixed things up a bit, so who knows.......

We should have a get together at Rudy's BBQ one night in Austin!

Chris....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts